GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Stupid question that's going to get some conflicting responses, but here we go anyway. Its 34 degrees Fahrenheit here, just had to rush my girlfriend to the ER for a possible heart attack (not a heart attack btw, just a panic attack) and ended up boosting while passing people to get there. I'm uni stage 1+ so there's a rev limiter based on coolant temperature but my oil was far from warm. I hit 70 mph (about half throttle, I did hit the rev limiter) about 2 minutes after starting the car and I think the rev limiter is 4k rpm. How likely is it I damaged anything?
zero

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
agree with nothing long term...it's like cheeseburgers once in a while you'll be fine. Be like me and it's not really good.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Thanks guys. I had a feeling that was the case given how many people have no idea not to boost on cold oil with turbos and their cars are fine. Just wanted some peace of mind from the pros on here

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

cb1111

Stupid question that's going to get some conflicting responses, but here we go anyway. Its 34 degrees Fahrenheit here, just had to rush my girlfriend to the ER for a possible heart attack (not a heart attack btw, just a panic attack) and ended up boosting while passing people to get there. I'm uni stage 1+ so there's a rev limiter based on coolant temperature but my oil was far from warm. I hit 70 mph (about half throttle, I did hit the rev limiter) about 2 minutes after starting the car and I think the rev limiter is 4k rpm. How likely is it I damaged anything?
Your car is broken. give me the pink slip and the keys and I'll junk it for you.

Jonnymk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
I was just looking at the owners manual. We know the GTI DSG has to be serviced @40k miles. But it says the Golf Rs DSG service is 80k miles. Is the 7spd DSG more stout?

cb1111

I was just looking at the owners manual. We know the GTI DSG has to be serviced @40k miles. But it says the Golf Rs DSG service is 80k miles. Is the 7spd DSG more stout?
Not necessarily. The only thing that we can conclude is that VW has decided to change the fluid change interval for the 7 speed.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not necessarily. The only thing that we can conclude is that VW has decided to change the fluid change interval for the 7 speed.

That's very curious. Really wonder how the service interval could be doubled.