Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I think it's where I've lost several keys.....no lie

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't even own an umbrella but i keep a swiffer duster in that pocket. Its nice to have one on hand to pick up dust while waiting at red lights

I do the same thing at red lights except I use a small paintbrush. Works real good for the AC vents.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I do the same thing at red lights except I use a small paintbrush. Works real good for the AC vents.
Yep I've got a little boars hair brush in there too usually but at the moment I can't find it

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Glad I'm not the only OCD person here. I do the same. Its my biggest pet peeve with this car. The dust accumulation is insane.
Pretty similar to any other car I've been in. Just easier to notice since the interior is all black

MasterTyvokka

On the center display in the instrument cluster... I know I can change the views from whatever I am currently on to what I was last on. However every time I start the car the previously view defaults to phone. Is this normal or am I looking at a trip to the dealer?

To be clear the speedo, which I use most of the time, stays up. Its the previously viewed one that always reset to phone.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
On the center display in the instrument cluster... I know I can change the views from whatever I am currently on to what I was last on. However every time I start the car the previously view defaults to phone. Is this normal or am I looking at a trip to the dealer?

To be clear the speedo, which I use most of the time, stays up. Its the previously viewed one that always reset to phone.

Not normal. When I restart my car whatever was on the screen when I shut it off is what is on the screen when I restart it.

Jonnymk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
I just changed the cabin filter with Mann. Noticed the factory one was the charcoal type-non white. I replaced it with the basic white filter. Is it worth the extra money. It's only like $10 difference.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Stupid question that's going to get some conflicting responses, but here we go anyway. Its 34 degrees Fahrenheit here, just had to rush my girlfriend to the ER for a possible heart attack (not a heart attack btw, just a panic attack) and ended up boosting while passing people to get there. I'm uni stage 1+ so there's a rev limiter based on coolant temperature but my oil was far from warm. I hit 70 mph (about half throttle, I did hit the rev limiter) about 2 minutes after starting the car and I think the rev limiter is 4k rpm. How likely is it I damaged anything?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
If you did, you would probably know already. I think doing such things on a regular basis leads to cumulative damage, rather than instantaneous. Usually anyway.
Glad to hear your girl is OK. What was her panic attack about? Did she see how much you spent on your mods?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
What was her panic attack about? Did she see how much you spent on your mods?
I wish that was the case. She's a bit of a hypochondriac due to very bad medical history including cancer, autoimmune, heart disease, so every tiny symptoms make her brain go haywire. She just got back from a cruise and has a flu bug, and she read an article that a carnival ship had coronavirus reports, so she thought she had coronavirus and made her have a panic attack.