GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Tobzcook45

does anybody know if the clubsport s back box fits the mk7 1.4 tsi? i know the valence is different but does it actually fit in the same space as the factory muffler and what is the difference in diameter of the pipe?

Bukakia

What are our options for infotainment systems? I would like to install a navigation system.
Is this possible? Also, what would be the price range of doing something like that?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
does anybody know if the clubsport s back box fits the mk7 1.4 tsi? i know the valence is different but does it actually fit in the same space as the factory muffler and what is the difference in diameter of the pipe?
Multilink rear end? Most likely wont fit with the beam axle.

boticdan

Kind of a stupid question..

So I have a 2015 GTI S with lighting package. I love my car, but am one of those who are not a big fan of the red line going across the grill and headlights. I've been doing some research, but haven't quite found the most accurate answers. I don't want to go euro spec golf r headlight way due to all the coding and labor. So my question is:

Are Golf LP Headlight assembly/wiring/coding different than the GTI LP?

Would I be able to use a 2015 GOLF LP headlight for bi-xenon (the one with chrome stripe going across) on my GTI LP?

If so, if I got just the GOLF LP headlight housing, would I be able to swap all the wiring and would it be plug and play? Or would I need to purchase any other wiring/modules?

Here is a picture of the light housing I want to use:
Screenshot_20200131-140222.png

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
The engine mounts for a gti 2.0 fit on the golf 1.8 correct? Andmostly I’m wondering is the trans mount the same for the 5speed mq250 as the gti 6 speed?

The BFI site is clear and what fits what. kinda getting different info looking it up online, I want to buy the cheaper 034 mounts which I can’t find much info for my car. Seems the engine one fits but not sure for the transition mount

https://www.shopdap.com/make-model-.../motor-mounts/034motorsport-034-509-5020.html

Last edited:

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
What is it about the GTI that makes it pull so hard at speed? It feels like the faster it goes, the faster it wants to go. Get off the throttle at 90 (in Mexico, of course) and it doesn't slow down without a fight. It's unlike any other car I've owned in that regard.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
What is it about the GTI that makes it pull so hard at speed? It feels like the faster it goes, the faster it wants to go. Get off the throttle at 90 (in Mexico, of course) and it doesn't slow down without a fight. It's unlike any other car I've owned in that regard.
Have you driven any automatic cars made after 1980?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I'm collecting the parts to do a Golf R knuckle swap on my regular Golf. Does anyone know if the axle splines/wheel bearings splines are the same? Can I just reuse my Golf axles in the R knuckles/wheel bearings?

Thanks!

edrex

Ready to race!
Guy fired up about his GTI: !!!
The Fed - Here, let me piss on that for you

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Have you driven any automatic cars made after 1980?
Yes. Not sure what either of those two things has to do with anything. My car is a manual and I've driven faster cars before, but do go on and enlighten me about what great technological leap occurred in automatic transmissions after 1980.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Yes. Not sure what either of those two things has to do with anything. My car is a manual and I've driven faster cars before, but do go on and enlighten me about what great technological leap occurred in automatic transmissions after 1980.
Overdrive first installed by Ford in 1980 models. the rest of the automakers followed.

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion

Probably because you're constantly in boost. It's why I really enjoy "small" turbos for a daily.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Has anyone put 2 newer (summer) tires on the fronts, instead of in the rear and had any of the oversteer issues that manufacturers and retailers warn so vehemently about?

Last edited: