GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I seem to have lost the text messages optionunder the phone menu in my 2018 Autobahn. Any thoughts?
happens to me sometimes with my android phone.

Keep toggling bluetooth on your phone on/off until you get a pop-up asking if you want the car to access your messages. Accept, and your messages option in the head unit should come back.

Edit:
I forgot there's a smarter way on Android lol, but it might vary depending on the Android version. While connected to your car, go into your phone's bluetooth settings. Find your connected devices and select your car. There should be permission settings where you can toggle access to messages.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
The dark tinted ones aren't really noticeable especially if your windows are tinted.

Yeah I bought the VW pop in sunshades for the rear windows and hatch. Combined with my 35% tint from more than a few feet away it just looks like my tint is darker.

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
I understand gas mileage is the last thing to consider but have you noticed better after lowering your cars?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I understand the theory but I'd be surprised if it happened. Unless you drive in city a lot and you become a slowrider

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
thank you for your feedback, gent :)

InfamousDrip

Passed Driver's Ed
Was just wondering how often you guys use your parking brake, do you put it on everytime you park or only on certain occasions (upward/downward hill or uneven surface)

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Was just wondering how often you guys use your parking brake, do you put it on everytime you park or only on certain occasions (upward/downward hill or uneven surface)
Every time

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Always. I’d rather have the brake hold the car than a pin stuck in the transmission

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I use the parking brake anytime it's not a perfectly level parking spot.

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
I understand the theory but I'd be surprised if it happened. Unless you drive in city a lot and you become a slowrider
Reminds me of my favorite troll. Saying that you understand physics, and that since lowering the car puts it closer to the ground, and force decreases over distance, ask how much power you gain from lowering a car.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Rims or tune :eek:
Konig Oversteer 18x8 or APR Stage2+ (when its available). Rims are 20lbs vs 25lbs stock (I think). I have Firehawk Indy 500 225/40/18 to swap on. Price is about the same for either.
I KNOW rims will get curbed eventually, crappy roads here. And I know I'll need a clutch eventually if I get the tune. Weight reduction from the rims should make the driving experience more enjoyable, but so would the tune :p
Have a family vacation to plan so can't get both :eek:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Rims or tune :eek:

Konig Oversteer 18x8 or APR Stage2+ (when its available). Rims are 20lbs vs 25lbs stock (I think). I have Firehawk Indy 500 225/40/18 to swap on. Price is about the same for either.

I KNOW rims will get curbed eventually, crappy roads here. And I know I'll need a clutch eventually if I get the tune. Weight reduction from the rims should make the driving experience more enjoyable, but so would the tune [emoji14]

Have a family vacation to plan so can't get both :eek:
Function over form. If the wheels were 18lbs, is say wheels, but go for the tune