GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I would go to dealer one more time. call before set up appointment and why you are gonna be there...I gotta ask do you have anything that says they owe you in writing?

gti_1789

Passed Driver's Ed
I would go to dealer one more time. call before set up appointment and why you are gonna be there...I gotta ask do you have anything that says they owe you in writing?

Yep, and I made sure to include the document in my first email they sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KillboBaggins

Passed Driver's Ed
Would it be ridiculous to even think about trying to fit 18x10" ET40 on a TSI?

There's a set of rims decently cheap by me. Eventually I'll get coilovers as well along with them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Would it be ridiculous to even think about trying to fit 18x10" ET40 on a TSI?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Definitely overkill, and the wheels would be poking out of the wheel wells significantly. And that's if they even fit at all

nype

Drag Racing Champion

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
I have a random/stupid question about general maintenance tasks like oil changes, spark plugs, etc..

I see - at random, seemingly - others post about changing oil at ~half the recommended interval. Same with plugs, etc. Is the primary factor one's mods, or do people really benefit from doing it more frequently? I've never had a brand new car, and my '15 SE is at just over 35k. It's had its 30k service, but feels slightly less powerful than when I got it at 22k. Maybe I'm just "used to it"?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I have a random/stupid question about general maintenance tasks like oil changes, spark plugs, etc..

I see - at random, seemingly - others post about changing oil at ~half the recommended interval. Same with plugs, etc. Is the primary factor one's mods, or do people really benefit from doing it more frequently? I've never had a brand new car, and my '15 SE is at just over 35k. It's had its 30k service, but feels slightly less powerful than when I got it at 22k. Maybe I'm just "used to it"?

Changing the oil earlier hasn't proven to help if you use quality oil, but also your driving habits have more effect. Lots of in town driving and you want to change the oil sooner. Lots of highway driving and you can wait longer. 10k miles is suggested for people who do about a 50/50 split.

Unless you are misfiring there is no reason to change your plugs sooner than.... what ever is suggested (can't remember right now). Most people you see changing them a lot are tuned and the community still seems to be trying to find just the right one to use.

Have you changed your engine air filter yet? If it's super dirty that can cause power loss. Otherwise it is likely placebo / you are getting used to the car.

How do I get pics to upload? I cant seem to get it figured out. Having one if those rainy Sundays.

You have to host the picture on a site like Imgur, then copy the link and click on the image icon when posting. Also you can just copy the url that has the stuff to post to message boards in it already.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
How do I get pics to upload? I cant seem to get it figured out. Having one if those rainy Sundays.

Use the Tapatalk app

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Have you changed your engine air filter yet? If it's super dirty that can cause power loss. Otherwise it is likely placebo / you are getting used to the car.

Yep, the engine and cabin were both done at ~30k. Sounds likely that I'm just used to the car now. FWIW, this is also my first one with a turbo. I feel like I'll be pretty happy with Stage 2 when I can afford it.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
You have to host the picture on a site like Imgur, then copy the link and click on the image icon when posting. Also you can just copy the url that has the stuff to post to message boards in it already.

You don't have to host. If posting from a PC, choose "go advanced" while writing your post and then click the paperclip icon. Then you can press the choose file button in the pop-up window and when you choose your pic press upload. There is a pretty strict file size/picture dimension limit on the web UI. It's much easier to do as nype said and use the Tapatalk app on mobile to upload photos

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
You don't have to host. If posting from a PC, choose "go advanced" while writing your post and then click the paperclip icon. Then you can press the choose file button in the pop-up window and when you choose your pic press upload. There is a pretty strict file size/picture dimension limit on the web UI. It's much easier to do as nype said and use the Tapatalk app on mobile to upload photos

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ah neat, never saw the paper clip till now.