GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Dude, I love you. No homo. That will definitely be a purchase soon. That jack is the answer to all my problems

"no homo" ? seriously??

I love my dog - no bestiality.

I love my mom - no incest.

I love my car - no materialism (okay - maybe a little materialism)

anyway - the point is we're adults. there's nothing "homo" about saying "i love you" to another man, and if you did mean it in that way, that wouldn't be weird because of it being gay, it would be weird that you're feeling erotic tendencies towards a person who answered one of your questions on a car forum.

sincerely,
a straight man who loves many men in non-homo ways, and doesn't feel the need to explicitly decry that anytime I utter the phrase "I love you" to a man., gay OR straight :rolleyes:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
He loves butter though. Maybe he was referring to homogenized milk?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I assume there is a difference on whether or not you capitalize the "h".

on topic. I got a few O rings from work and will swap them out every other time.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
"no homo" ? seriously??

anyway - the point is we're adults. there's nothing "homo" about saying "i love you" to another man, and if you did mean it in that way, that wouldn't be weird because of it being gay, it would be weird that you're feeling erotic tendencies towards a person who answered one of your questions on a car forum.

sincerely,
a straight man who loves many men in non-homo ways, and doesn't feel the need to explicitly decry that anytime I utter the phrase "I love you" to a man., gay OR straight :rolleyes:
I don't think he loves you anymore after that outburst haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
He loves butter though. Maybe he was referring to homogenized milk?

Or maybe:

Indy11Forever

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm doing some of research on the Mk7 before I buy one and have a question -- which is better a '16 with the better infotainment system vs or a '15 with the Performance Package?
Thanks for you input.

Dhecker99

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm doing some of research on the Mk7 before I buy one and have a question -- which is bo?etter a '16 with the better infotainment system vs or a '15 with the Performance Package?
Thanks for you input.

16 for sure. I heard the 15s had reliability issues. Does the 16 have CarPlay/Android Auto? Then it's a double yes on the 16 from me.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I'm doing some of research on the Mk7 before I buy one and have a question -- which is better a '16 with the better infotainment system vs or a '15 with the Performance Package?
Thanks for you input.

Why not both? (as in the '16 infotainment, aka MIB2 and the PP - not both cars).

The MIB2 is light years ahead of the MIB1 in the '15s. Just the standard USB plug in MIB2 vs need for custom VW adapter alone is worth it. And that's before Android Auto or Carplay you get in MIB2 over MIB1.

PP is really nice to have, with some saying it's a must have, but others saying 'meh'. I personally think it is great value for what you get, but it really depends on your priorities.

If you can find a used '16 with PP, I bet there's little price different to one without (depending on what the rest of the trim is). Then you get best of both. Also after the '16 model year, VW started cost cutting little things out of the cars. For Mk7, '16 is arguably the best year to target - again depending on your priorities.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
things I like on mine...the LSD and upgraded lights that swivel. I believe that will be on Sport/PP/SE or above

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
Thanks for you input.

I’d say ‘16 with the newer infotainment.
I have a ‘15 with 40k miles. No major issues. But I do wish I had the infotainment of the ‘16. Otherwise, same car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
16 with Lighting and Performance package.
This.

I have a '15 with the lighting package, but it doesn't have the PP. 2 of the things you're going to spend the most time looking at are the infotainment and the lighting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ILoveButter

Ready to race!
"no homo" ? seriously??

sincerely,

My man, you really need to lighten up. I know the internet can be serious business to some though.