GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

DanD_Dan

I went over the contract pretty well recently, but another once over couldn't hurt. Everything appears to be in order, minus the inspection, got a PA plate and registration from them (in the mail a month later :rolleyes:). I'm assuming that (at least at this point) I'll just have to get PA inspection somewhere, was just wondering if it's common for a new vehicle that had been on the lot for a bit to not have state inspection/sticker? Just seems odd to me...

What if.....

What if you call your sales guy or the sales manager and tell them how much you love the car but feel let down because of the missing inspection???

VW will call and email you a bunch of times for you to fill out a satisfaction survey and they expect all perfect results. Might be enough to get them to just take care of it? (Assuming you want them to take care of it. I am not sure the effort or cost for the inspection).

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
What if.....

What if you call your sales guy or the sales manager and tell them how much you love the car but feel let down because of the missing inspection???

VW will call and email you a bunch of times for you to fill out a satisfaction survey and they expect all perfect results. Might be enough to get them to just take care of it? (Assuming you want them to take care of it. I am not sure the effort or cost for the inspection).

Good luck.

Dan had a good idea.....

+2

BufLon

I have searched but can't find a list of years and models of GTI that have the soundaktor. I bought a '15 GTI SE a few months ago and don't know if it has the soundaktor or not since this is my first GTI so I have no reference point. The engine noise sounds pretty natural to me so my guess is I don't have one.

Anyone know if 15s have the soundaktor or a surefire way to tell?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have searched but can't find a list of years and models of GTI that have the soundaktor. I bought a '15 GTI SE a few months ago and don't know if it has the soundaktor or not since this is my first GTI so I have no reference point. The engine noise sounds pretty natural to me so my guess is I don't have one.

Yes , you do have it. Maybe the previous owner took care of deactivating it.

suprsoldier

What if.....

Good luck.

I've actually held onto the survey in my inbox as a "just in case" for situations that may arise, like this. I do plan on addressing it with the dealership, just wanted to get some opinions/advice on how to proceed. Call to the sales manager sounds like a plan.

Thanks all.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Hey. Guys. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem .? On my 2018 mk 7.5 my gas mileage per gallon is going crazy. It will go very erratic from 300 to zero. Just started to happen a week ago. The gauge is giving me false readings

this is your instantaneous consumption meter. If you let go of the gas in this mode, it will become 3 dashes like this: ---

That's when the fuel cuts and the engine is using no fuel. Otherwise, it's reading out your mpg at the moment. going up a hill, it'll never be over 30mpg, going down a hill it'll always be over 40mpg, and on flat ground it'll go back and forth between 30 and 50 mpg, if you're in cruise control. different if using your foot. nothing is wrong with your car. just tap the up/down arrows on the right of the steering wheel and you'll access different measurements.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. I'll have to get in there this weekend and make sure. Can't stand the thought of an artificial engine resonator.

Sure, you can literally unplug it or coded it out with VCDS or OBDEleven, if you unplug it make sure that you tape over the connectors

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted

Thanks. I'll have to get in there this weekend and make sure. Can't stand the thought of an artificial engine resonator.
if you are ok with the sound don't think about where it comes from...

Mud

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
does yours have a mode button on shifter console? mine you can toggle between normal/sport/custom for driving modes. One of the things it changes is sounaktor. on sport it is annoying. It's a quick test to see if yours is hooked up. You can also adjust the custom through the radio/car/setting (applies to newer versions yours idk)

BufLon

does yours have a mode button on shifter console? mine you can toggle between normal/sport/custom for driving modes. One of the things it changes is sounaktor. on sport it is annoying. It's a quick test to see if yours is hooked up. You can also adjust the custom through the radio/car/setting (applies to newer versions yours idk)

Yeah it has the mode switch. When I go to custom the screen only has two things to change, power and steering (I can't remember what they are called). Doesn't say anything about race car sounds.