GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
if you program skip to be presets yes under radio/audio settings

station list All receivable stations) or presets (Favorites) are the choices. works same for sat/fm/am

Mud

Last edited:

mbzhp

Looking for 17 inch rims for an 18 GSW 4motion. Want to stick with OEM as I'll use them as the Spring/Summer/Fall rims and the stock 16s for Winter tires.

I've narrowed it down to the Dijons and the Goals. Anything else I should consider? Should I also consider spacers to make things a little more flush, even with either of those wheels?

New to the VW world, so please school me on offsets and what's acceptable. I've read through all of the wheel/tire threads as best I can to pull info together.

Oh, and, proof that this is a sickness: I haven't even found my GSW yet! Soon!

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I was told they were trans coolers, but don't know for sure.

One is for coolant and one is for the DSG if equipped, from some extra reading I just did. I guess manuals only have one extra rad? Not sure about that.

Last edited:

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
WeatherTech Vents?

Hello,

I've read good things about the WeatherTech window vents. But I'm not sure if they're for me. It would seem obvious that they're good for leaving the windows cracked without worry of light rain entering. Are there other benefits to having them? Do they also reduce wind noise when driving with the windows down? Effectively? Something else I may have missed?

Thanks!

Scott

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Hello,

I've read good things about the WeatherTech window vents. But I'm not sure if they're for me. It would seem obvious that they're good for leaving the windows cracked without worry of light rain entering. Are there other benefits to having them? Do they also reduce wind noise when driving with the windows down? Effectively? Something else I may have missed?

Thanks!

Scott

Correct, they reduce the buffeting noise when driving with the windows down. The down side of that is that the amount of air entering the cabin is slightly reduced. Likely not very much, so no big deal.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Is this a broken headlamp? At 38,000 miles on this 2017 is this repair on me?

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if the captive screws on the intake lid have a part number or can be purchased anywhere, or does anyone want to send some my way if they've replaced their intake? I may have misplaced one (don't ask, I know, I lost a captive screw :p)

looks like this with a t25 head

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Is this a broken headlamp? At 38,000 miles on this 2017 is this repair on me?

Could simply be that the headlight access covers aren't installed properly allowing moisture ingress. If they are installed properly, then there is certainly an issue. Since you are outside the bumper to bumper warranty, it may be on you, but it is always possible the dealer / VWoA will perform a good will warranty.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
does the ECS Flush kit work with the R wheels as well or is it only for GTI? in other words do the wheels have the same backspacing?

Mk7 GTI - 18x7.5 et49
MK7 R - 18x7.5 et51 OR 19x8 et50

GTI vs Mk7r 18s - GTI wheels extend 2mm wider than R
GTI vs Mk7r 19s - GTI wheels retract 5mm vs R

So if you have the 18s, they GTI kit will work.

ECS sells a different kit for the 19s - 10mm front/17.5mm rear I believe. The GTI kit and R (18s) kit are both 15mm front/20mm rear.