GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
I hear you. I went AFe from forum research.

And I went VCDS before Obdeleven was mature enough. And I’m in IT so I’d rather do it manually, as opposed to using apps (scripts) that are doing who knows what.

You can long code with OBDeleven as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asif

I own a MK7 diesled GT Tech Bluemotion, new to these cars and wanted to know what makes the GT a GT other than the 150bhp compared to the GTD 184BHP.
How does it fair up with the other diesel in the MK7 range if it wasn't a GT.
Does the GT have some extra benefits to the lower end diesels?

Hope someone can answer this weird and silly question, I suppose this is the best place for this weird/stupid question I suppose

DJinAC

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone, Has anyone put the Continental DWS tires on their MK VII? Going to be buying some all weather tires for my car and was wondering if anyone has experience with these tires?
Thanks in advance,
DJ

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hello everyone, Has anyone put the Continental DWS tires on their MK VII? Going to be buying some all weather tires for my car and was wondering if anyone has experience with these tires?

Thanks in advance,

DJ

Very popular tire, quiet, comfortable, excellent rain performance and acceptable on snow

DJinAC

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Bx!!

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I own a MK7 diesled GT Tech Bluemotion, new to these cars and wanted to know what makes the GT a GT other than the 150bhp compared to the GTD 184BHP.

Hope someone can answer this weird and silly question, I suppose this is the best place for this weird/stupid question I suppose
The GT cars (GTI & GTD) have different sportier suspensions, lower profile tires, bigger turbos, and obviously more power. Interiors typically also are different with nicer sportier seats and different colored headlinors and dash boards.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

GT is just a trim level. So it has more stuff than the trims under it, but less than those above it. Use google to learn more about it. What is the GT trim?

The GT cars (GTI & GTD) have different sportier suspensions, lower profile tires, bigger turbos, and obviously more power. Interiors typically also are different with nicer sportier seats and different colored headlinors and dash boards.

Not quite my man. The GT is a golf trim and not a GTI or GTD.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
GT is just a trim level. So it has more stuff than the trims under it, but less than those above it. Use google to learn more about it. What is the GT trim?

Not quite my man. The GT is a golf trim and not a GTI or GTD.

Oh nice! Thanks for clarifying the trims!
We really have slim pickings State side for vdubs. Missed that the poster was in the UK which has quite a verity of trims and models. :cool:

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Oh nice! Thanks for clarifying the trims!
We really have slim pickings State side for vdubs. Missed that the poster was in the UK which has quite a verity of trims and models. :cool:

Exactly, its nuts. One article I read said they have 15 different trims.... holy cripes. Also like 10 different engines.

2015csgGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Am I the only one who likes the sound of the soundaktor? Like I could understand not liking fake noise, but the noise itself sounds alright imo

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I actually like it now. Its better than hearing no exhaust at all from the stock set up. It makes the car more fun to drive and hey, its free. Otherwise you have to spend hundreds of dollars on an exhaust.

Even after installing a CSS muffler, I ended up turning the soundaktor back on after a while.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Am I the only one who likes the sound of the soundaktor? Like I could understand not liking fake noise, but the noise itself sounds alright imo

I don't get bothered enough by it to code it out (set on "normal") I find it kinda annoying on "sport"

I'm in the same boat as Mud. I don't mind it, but I have my "individual" setting programmed to have it set to the lowest it goes. It's too loud in sport. I haven't tried to disable it completely but one day I will try and see how I like it.