Car(s)
2019 Golf R

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
So, uh...how do I update my dongle to that latest firmware for running SimosTools?

There's no USB/micro-USB to hook it up to the computer and it doesn't seem to work over BT when plugged into the car. I can update the app itself on my phone but not the dongle. I purchased my dongle from my tuner, Russell Road and Racing

Not sure if it matters, but I noticed there was no obvious way to do it

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
When I open SimosTools it tells me I have v0.90 and to update to v1.03

When I go to Utilities and then firmware update it says its starting transfer but always times out
What phone/tablet is it? First case of the in app OTA update failing that I've seen so far.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Also, apparently you need to be running 1.02 at least for the OTA update to work. So if you're below that... you'll need to manually update on the PC. But future updates, OTA should be good to go.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Also, apparently you need to be running 1.02 at least for the OTA update to work. So if you're below that... you'll need to manually update on the PC. But future updates, OTA should be good to go.

That's probably why.

I'm using my phone, Samsungy Galaxy 24 Ultra. I updated the app yesterday but the dongle is running v0.90 and I have no way of updating it to 1.03 it seems.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So, uh...how do I update my dongle to that latest firmware for running SimosTools?

There's no USB/micro-USB to hook it up to the computer and it doesn't seem to work over BT when plugged into the car. I can update the app itself on my phone but not the dongle. I purchased my dongle from my tuner, Russell Road and Racing

Not sure if it matters, but I noticed there was no obvious way to do it
Like the dongle doesn't even have a physical port on it or you just don't have a USB cable?