GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Went to swap on the summer wheels and saw this on the passenger side. I'm guessing that boot shouldn't be hanging there like that? What broke and fell off?

Boot inside the spring is free ballin, if you will. Easy fix?

Or am I just being a dummy and this is normal when the suspension is unloaded?

Attachments

• 20240524_164834.jpg
    20240524_164834.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
How can I find out what the minimum thickness of my rotors are? Stoptech St-41 kit.

328x25 rotor 30.893.1113

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Aren't rotors normally stamped with minimum thickness spec?
I thought so…on the hat. I know mine is only 2mm from new or something like that

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I thought so…on the hat. I know mine is only 2mm from new or something like that
If there's no stamp there's usually an indentation on the rotor edge that shows the minimum thickness you can measure with a gauge.

Yes typically 2-3mm smaller than new, but often new rotors are a bit thicker than the listed spec and in my experience they're usually far gone before they hit the minimum thickness.

Frag

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
How can I fix the wiring on my Vland tail lights?

Currently, the fog lights are acting as the reverse lights. I don't really care if I have fog or not, but I'd like the reverse lights to work correctly. Running, brake, and signals work correctly.

ChristopherNeil

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Are mk7.5 GSWs facelifted the same as GTIs, or is it just bumpers? I'd like to upgrade the headlights on my wife's '18 GSW eventually and I honestly can't tell by looking at them.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
How can I fix the wiring on my Vland tail lights?

Currently, the fog lights are acting as the reverse lights. I don't really care if I have fog or not, but I'd like the reverse lights to work correctly. Running, brake, and signals work correctly.
Are you using a harness to correct them or did you simply plug them in? You may need either a harness OR to depin/repin the wiring, depending.

TooMuchFun

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I was just gifted a Milltek turbo-back large bore exhaust system with a high-flow sports cat from my 2015 GTI's previous owner. He says he had it on for a few months prior to selling it to me two years ago and only switched the OE exhaust back to sell (so it would pass CA smog). He wanted to sell it to me originally (I declined) but apparently his mom got tired of it sitting in her garage (lol) so out of the blue he got a hold of me and just gave it to me.

The car has a Stage 1 APR tune, and he says there were no issues (no CEL, etc) when he had the exhaust in.

Does this seem likely? The car passes CA smog like a champ now, and I'm willing to switch the exhaust back every two years to smog it, but I don't want to have a bunch of ECU or CEL issues if I install it. Should the Stage 1 APR be okay with the high flow catted DP?