Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
How to unclip put sensor?

IMG_8037.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Does anyone have any recommendations for a front and rear dash cam? After losing my White GTI to an accident, I wanna make sure the next car has something to record. Was looking at this MiVue but it doesn't link to anywhere in the states to buy it

Depends on how feature heavy you want to go?

I have a BlackVue DR970X-2CH LTE, because it was one of the few on the market that did everything I wanted. 4k front & 1080p rear, and an LTE connection so I get push notifications if there's an event during parking mode, and remote live viewing. I added a stand alone line on my T-Mobile account for $10 a month for like 4gb of data a month for it. And, it's somewhat compact since it doesn't have an unnecessary screen on it.

Are those features unnecessary? Probably, and I hope I never need them. But I figured I paid $38k for a car, and have sunk thousands more into it. A $400 one time purchase and then $120/year for data is a small price to pay for that extra protection.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
So no unclip, remove the whole sensor from pipe?
Unclipping can (likely) be done by stuffing a pick into the L-shaped part of the connector back here

1716461759934.png

because normally IIRC you would push/squeeze that nub thing to allow it to clear a little 'ramp'. With that said, I always get annoyed with those, and so I've just started using a pick to get the plastic lock to rise just a bit above said ramp, and then wiggle. The @Diggs24 method is probably simpler though, so that you can see the intent and operation and whatnot which I think makes it much easier.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 GFG GTI DSG
Depends on how feature heavy you want to go?

I have a BlackVue DR970X-2CH LTE, because it was one of the few on the market that did everything I wanted. 4k front & 1080p rear, and an LTE connection so I get push notifications if there's an event during parking mode, and remote live viewing. I added a stand alone line on my T-Mobile account for $10 a month for like 4gb of data a month for it. And, it's somewhat compact since it doesn't have an unnecessary screen on it.

Are those features unnecessary? Probably, and I hope I never need them. But I figured I paid $38k for a car, and have sunk thousands more into it. A $400 one time purchase and then $120/year for data is a small price to pay for that extra protection.
Was looking at the BlackVue and really liked them but the VIOFO A229 looks like the way to go for a cheaper but just as feature heavy cam. No LTE connection but if anything happens I can download over WiFi in the car.

My main worry is decent cam quality and front and rear, parking mode is just an add-on.