GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
It won't pass tech.

Even if you somehow sneak past tech, in the event of an accident the track insurance would not cover you and you would likely get permanently ejected from that organization.

In any sort of collision you would likely bend or break the bar and get seriously injured.

I'm an instructor with NASA and I teach newcomers how to self-tech and what to look for. A harness bar is an immediate disqualifier and I would make the person remove it before allowing them to go on track. To be fair, I'd give them any spare tools they need and even help them do it because I want everyone to have fun, but I certainly would not let it slide.

Bought it over a year ago. The horizontal bar I am trying to figure out how to adapt a quick disconnect of some sort. Even regular install, the bar detaches from the anchor points with 1 bolt per side. The idea was to throw the bar in and Schroth quick fits on days I go to the track.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Giuseppe Busso

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Seat Leon mk3 1.8 FR
Sorry your motor got sent to jesus.

This isn't mine mate... It's from a friend. His motor will get forged now. JE pistons, ZRP etc. etc....

I just shared with you a video that my friend sent me because it happened on a Saturday night and car shops are closed at that time so we can get some diagnosis if possible.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford
Does anyone wake up and want to sell your GTI and get something old and crazy?

Don't know if this is a "midlife crisis", but I really want to try other cars.....I've been seriously eyeing a skyline GTS 4M......shoot, I've even considered an EVO 4.....there are just too many cool cars to try out.

And yes, it would be a daily, but I only drive into work 3 days every 2 weeks.

just going back 20 years in tech and comfortability is holding me back.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford
Add MPI, RS3 LPFP, E85 and a big turbo. It'll be plenty crazy enough for you then and not old.
yeah Diggs I think you're right......instead of burning funds on a brand new unknown....just put into my ride. yeah.....good slap in the face....needed that

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
The 1999 GTR is now available to import starting January of next year.. @swcrow