GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Not sure on that heim joint bolt - but Those are the incorrect specs for the 2 bolts that thread into the trans housing

You are going to snap the bolt or tear the threads if you do that since it’s not a strong steel material you are bolting to its 37ftb +90 degrees for those bolts if they are stretch. If they are not you really shouldn’t go much past 40
I believe the two bolts that thread into the trans housing are 50nm + 90degrees. At least what Racingline provided.

Edit: not sure if we are talking about the same bolts.

Last edited:

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I usually go with gütentight for most bolts.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Unitronic's similar product. Torque spec for Unitronic's arm mounted to the OEM piece is 75ft/lbs or 100nm.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Making permanent residence in this thread until I'm comfortable with my fueling set up.

If I understand correctly, the PR fuel line kit can either run directly to the fuel rail of an MPI set up or to the HPFP if not running MPI. So if I'm not running MPI this kit will just connect to the existing rubber line (highlighted in red) correct?

Is there no existing upgrade for this rubber line besides making it myself? Is it worth it?

Attachments

• IMG_0742.jpg
    IMG_0742.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 35

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Making permanent residence in this thread until I'm comfortable with my fueling set up.

If I understand correctly, the PR fuel line kit can either run directly to the fuel rail of an MPI set up or to the HPFP if not running MPI. So if I'm not running MPI this kit will just connect to the existing rubber line (highlighted in red) correct?

Is there no existing upgrade for this rubber line besides making it myself? Is it worth it?
Im confused, you have a link to this PR fuel line kit?

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Im confused, you have a link to this PR fuel line kit?

https://precisionraceworks.com/products/vw-mk7-mqb-performance-fuel-lines

"If you do not have an aftermarket MPI, then you will need to purchase an additional fitting that is -6 Male Flare to 5/16" hose barb and utilize the rubber portion of your OEM line to finish the connection."

https://www.dbv2.com/collections/mk7-mqb/products/dbv2-mqb-hpfp-cap

Then you could change out the HPFP cap.

And then I guess I'd have to make lines. It's a lot, I get it. Probably not worth it if you're not pushing max power. Was just curious if the fuel lines really only make sense if going MPI

I can just run the PR lines into the stock rubber hose like they suggest and the stock rubber hose remains secured to the stock HPFP cap. Seems to me like upgrading 3/4 of the line and keeping the existing rubber hose to the HPFP still creates a restriction of flow.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Hypothetical tune and performance consistency question. Say I have a solid tune for 91. However, I notice it pulls timing and feels less responsive in the summer due to higher intake air temperature. Would using 93 octane fuel without changing the tune mitigate this somewhat?