GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I had a Neuspeed, no resonator, I liked it 70% of the time and hated it 30% of the time... I was stage 2 at the time, not sure if I noticed all that power gain... It was a downpipe to stock reduce to 2.75".

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I still have my stock exhaust but tbh swapping them for a couple of draggy runs isn't worth it to me lol. I installed the whole turboback exhaust (3.5" to 3") at the same time and the quicker spool was what really impressed me, nice improvement even on an is20

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Being tuned, does pressing the driving mode button do anything?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Mine just cycles through the Normal, Sport, and Individual modes and they all still perform the same.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Mine just cycles through the Normal, Sport, and Individual modes and they all still perform the same.
Yeah that’s what I thought, but just wanted someone else to confirm lol

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Maybe it depends on the tuner, but mine still adjusts everything. The steering effort changes noticeably and I had to disable the soundaktor because it was way too loud with a DP and intake. Can't say I've ever noticed a difference in throttle response though.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Steering is the most obvious, throttle mapping is pretty evident - at least when driving stick, Soundaktor is already disabled via obd11, and the e-LSD changes are pretty subtle. Headlight turning speed I never paid attention to because I'm in Sport mode 99% of the time, especially at night. Normal mode is nice early in the morning

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I meant that the tune did not make any changes to how Normal, Sport, and Individual vary in my car. The steering, shift points, soundaktor, etc. all change when I switch between the modes

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
It does for me, it activates my secret "I'm a 6 year old" mode and makes my car go pop pop.

Though since my car sits in Sport 100% of the time I have to cycle back to sport to activate that, only if I want it, which is rare.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Maybe it depends on the tuner, but mine still adjusts everything. The steering effort changes noticeably and I had to disable the soundaktor because it was way too loud with a DP and intake. Can't say I've ever noticed a difference in throttle response though.

Mine is different.... Steering stiffness is quite evident between the modes.

Steering is the most obvious, throttle mapping is pretty evident - at least when driving stick, Soundaktor is already disabled via obd11, and the e-LSD changes are pretty subtle. Headlight turning speed I never paid attention to because I'm in Sport mode 99% of the time, especially at night. Normal mode is nice early in the morning

This all helps…completely forgot about steering wheel…was just focused on ECU mapping being affected

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Do the Southbend clutch kits use a factory TOB? (Specifically the Stage 3 daily kit) My car has been in the shop for way too long and I am trying to expedite the repair by ordering whatever I could possibly need (hopefully just the slave and TOB) and returning the leftovers later.
The shop just called and said its was the slave cylinder. One was in stock at the local VW dealer so they already got the part, hopefully I will be back on the road soon.

Last edited: