GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hey still need advice on the torque spec of this bolt. Think 60 foot pounds? It's not the same size as the oem, it's 17m. Best judgment?
Screenshot_20220420-104715_Chrome.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Alright I'm testing out a genuine ebay pendulum arm and I feel like that bolt is loose lol

what size is the bolt & what is stamped on the head..as it will have the material grade stamped on the hex head as well as the size..

& No I can't find a torque setting in the VW workbooks for it...only for the bolts that fix the whole item to the gearbox & subframe...

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
what size is the bolt & what is stamped on the head..as it will have the material grade stamped on the hex head as well as the size..

& No I can't find a torque setting in the VW workbooks for it...only for the bolts that fix the whole item to the gearbox & subframe...
I'd guess m10 with a 17mm head? You think I should swap the bolt out? I got new oem for install just didn't replace that one.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I'd guess m10 with a 17mm head? You think I should swap the bolt out? I got new oem for install just didn't replace that one.

The bolt will have a steel grade like "8.8" stamped on the head..

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Bolt says "Fuck Dat"

Yeah...well thats not a normal bolt....idiots..

Ok this one doesn't have the size, but has the steel grade stamped on it..

1650958710501.png

There are 7 grades of steel, & three main plating's/lubrications types on my torque tables....so I can only suggest you get hold of the people who make that dog bone mount & ask them what it should be to ... 🤷‍♂️

Samb

Car(s)
Golf MK7
what???.....So MK7.5 units on a MK7 ?...that bodywork shut lines aren't 100% as the top rear corner is shaped differently

Aftermarket which make?..& what are they made for fitting to?..ie cars with halogens, MK7 or MK7.5?....as all are different combinations of wiring looms.
Yes. I don’t know what make but the headlights are all simple plug and play.

Samb

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Can we get a photo of the lights - including front and a clear picture of the side fitment? Also include (in your typed response) any markings on the headlamps themselves.

You may have done some significant damage to the wiring harness with those crap LED bulbs - one reason why those conversions are illegal (and won't pass MOT)
Yes, will send a photo(s) when possible and of the wiring if possible.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Yes. I don’t know what make but the headlights are all simple plug and play.

"simple plug & play".....then why is it causing all the problems you have?...

As I've said before many people have been on this forum over the years trying to bodge R headlights onto a car only wired for halogens....& if they are MK7.5 & your car is a MK7 December 2013 model....that makes matters much worse...& then if they are aftermarkets, or made up units, then god knows what bodge jobs have occurred...

.....but as has been said before photos & brand name etc....will help with knowing what wiring you need for the units...