GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Go for a run outside and breath in through your mouth, and out through a straw. See how efficient you are.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The question must be, is there a reliability problem when going with 500+ for any components of a car that was once built originally for 300 ponies.
There isn't a reliability problem with the exhaust over 500 HP just that you're not getting the maximum benefit of a larger diameter exhaust. There definitely is a reliability problem over 500 HP for the engine internals etc.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I threw in a can of LM DI Jectron and this entire tank of gas I’ve seen knock levels that I’ve never seen before -3.5 to -4.5 on all cylinders. Do these types of injector cleaner lower the octane of the fuel or is something else going on? Plugs are brand new.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I threw in a can of LM DI Jectron and this entire tank of gas I’ve seen knock levels that I’ve never seen before -3.5 to -4.5 on all cylinders. Do these types of injector cleaner lower the octane of the fuel or is something else going on? Plugs are brand new.
Something else going on. Fuel system cleaners don't lower octane.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Something else going on. Fuel system cleaners don't lower octane.
That’s what I thought. We’ll see what happens on the next tank of fuel but that’s the only thing that’s making sense to me. It started as soon as I filled up and added the injector cleaner and it’s all four cylinders.

Radikool1

Car(s)
Golf MK7 110TDI HBK
Does a Full Size 5th Alloy Wheel fit in the Space Saver Tire spot in the bootwell WITHOUT any modifications?
(MK7, Year 2016, 110TDI, Hatchback)

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Anyone else get one of these? What’s up with this settlement? Is it junk?

image.jpg

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Anyone else get one of these? What’s up with this settlement? Is it junk?

View attachment 233708
The Takata air bag recall was/is totally legit.

That message is akin to seeing the commercials for the Round up class action lawsuit or never ending asbestos law suits.

It's just "cold call" soliciting of VW buyers to see if they can add a few more names to the airbag class action suit.

RuffledJersey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 S DSG

That message is akin to seeing the commercials for the Round up class action lawsuit or never ending asbestos law suits.

It's just "cold call" soliciting of VW buyers to see if they can add a few more names to the airbag class action suit.
Names don’t get added to a class action lawsuit - it’s brought on behalf of all affected parties (the aforementioned “Class”).

If you had one of the defective airbags, you’re automatically included in the suit and any settlement. The only reasons to make contact are to opt out of the suit (i.e., you want to reserve the right to bring your own personal suit) or to make sure you’re alerted to any final settlement to receive your share.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
This is an issue, correct? I used a can on LM DI Jectron injector cleaner and shortly after I started to get more timing retard than I was accustomed to seeing (-3,-4,-5). I burned through that tank of gas, filled up again at a different station, are here we are again. Plugs are new. I think I'll try a gallon of E tomorrow.

3rd Gear Log_1
3rd Gear Log_2

cb1111

Uhhh, not quite. This is a ([n] almost) done deal with an actual settlement with a tentative approval by the judge.

The letter is a requirement by the court to inform owners of the settlement and any obligations they may have under the settlement (time limits for example) and to give you the ability to opt out - if you want to file your own lawsuit.

The Roundup ads are different as, AFAIK, they don't have a settlement yet.
Names don’t get added to a class action lawsuit - it’s brought on behalf of all affected parties (the aforementioned “Class”).

If you had one of the defective airbags, you’re automatically included in the suit and any settlement. The only reasons to make contact are to opt out of the suit (i.e., you want to reserve the right to bring your own personal suit) or to make sure you’re alerted to any final settlement to receive your share.
Yep. Here is the actual Takata site Takata Settlement - Home (autoairbagsettlement.com). Click on VW to get the specifics

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
It’s possible that stuff may have cleaned out the fuel lines only to then clog the injectors.
This is an issue, correct? I used a can on LM DI Jectron injector cleaner and shortly after I started to get more timing retard than I was accustomed to seeing (-3,-4,-5). I burned through that tank of gas, filled up again at a different station, are here we are again. Plugs are new. I think I'll try a gallon of E tomorrow.

3rd Gear Log_1
3rd Gear Log_2

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
It’s possible that stuff may have cleaned out the fuel lines only to then clog the injectors.
I guess that’s possible even though that’s the exact issue the product is supposed to solve for lol.

So if that were to actually be the issue, what now? Another can of fuel system cleaner?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Uhhh, not quite. This is a ([n] almost) done deal with an actual settlement with a tentative approval by the judge.

The letter is a requirement by the court to inform owners of the settlement and any obligations they may have under the settlement (time limits for example) and to give you the ability to opt out - if you want to file your own lawsuit.

The Roundup ads are different as, AFAIK, they don't have a settlement yet.

Yep. Here is the actual Takata site Takata Settlement - Home (autoairbagsettlement.com). Click on VW to get the specifics
And the amount you could get in the settlement is not worth the paperwork and effort to collect it. It's the lawyers who win in these settlements.