GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Does anyone happen to know the part number for the horns?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I bought a small roll of 3m ppf stuff and hand cut 4 big rectangles for the feet and 4 small ones for the metal claw part that goes in the door jamb.
I like this idea...didn't even think about applying under the metal claw....

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie

I have a new noise, it's in the engine compartment but heard the loudest near the drivers side wheel well. Sounds kind of like a bad belt or something (I know the belt is on the other side).

I have had this car for 7 years, I know what the normal engine ticking noise is, and this is not that. This is a new noise that just started within the last month. I am at 90,000 miles, serpentine belt replaced about 20,000 miles ago. It is 6MT with an upgraded clutch, but it is the RSR hybrid which keeps the DMFW. Engaging the clutch does not change the sound.

Here's a short video, you can hear it best when I hold the camera near the front left wheel.

any guesses?

Definitely sounds like it is coming from the transmission area. Like added chatter. Maybe a spring is going bad in DMFW. Or gear oil needs to be changed/checked. Let us know if you narrow it down.

JohnnyGTD

Car(s)
2014 Golf GTD
I often will like on sites like Craigs list/facebook. Signifigant savings can be had. It sounds like your wheels are just cosmetically bad. That will give you time to find a deal.
Thanks for the heads up. And yeah, it's just cosmetics so it's not urgent.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I have a "paying for mods problem". If only there was a single thread in this forum about solving this....

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I'm going to complete my first DSG service after the holiday. It's not due for another 20k, but I just don't trust the shop anymore who did it last time to get the fluid level right. I'm pretty sure they just filled to 5l and sent it. Is this a decent tool for a bottom fill?
https://www.amazon.com/Motive-Products-1735-Power-Transfer/dp/B0119DI58A

The Motive power filler is great but it's overkill for a DSG service. For top fill, all you need is the funnel suggested above and a 24mm socket for the filter. You'll need to measure what drained out. For OEM bottom fill, you'll need a kit like this.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion