GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
No it was flashed almost a year ago and not touched since.

So if I HAVE to re-flash it back to stock for some reason, do I also have to drive it for X miles to get everything ready?
Seems strange that it wouldn't be ready unless there's some sort of other underlying problem. But yes it'll take about 50miles or so

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Seems strange that it wouldn't be ready unless there's some sort of other underlying problem. But yes it'll take about 50miles or so
I have no codes or anything. The car was recently in the body shop so maybe the battery died or they had it unplugged or something but I drove it at least 500 miles since then. So I guess Unitronic just disables everything with their Stage 1 tunes? 🤨

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Do all Stage 2 tunes turn the lower o2 off?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I have no codes or anything. The car was recently in the body shop so maybe the battery died or they had it unplugged or something but I drove it at least 500 miles since then. So I guess Unitronic just disables everything with their Stage 1 tunes? 🤨
Ya it doesn't make sense to me that they would do that but I guess flash back to stock, drive around a bit and try it again. If you have obdeleven I think you can use that to check readiness

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Do all Stage 2 tunes turn the lower o2 off?
Idk about "all" but most of them seem to. If you're asking if your EQT tune does then yes
The only one I know for sure that doesn't is the jb4 as it's not a 'real' tune

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Idk about "all" but most of them seem to. If you're asking if your EQT tune does then yes
The only one I know for sure that doesn't is the jb4 as it's not a 'real' tune
Ok because I get p013e from mine. Weird

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Here’s another question, sorry having lots of odd issues lately. Is it normal for my AP to read a 29.4 AFR while coasting in gear, then returning to 15ish while on the throttle? It is consistently doing this. Out of gear idling numbers look pretty normal too.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Here’s another question, sorry having lots of odd issues lately. Is it normal for my AP to read a 29.4 AFR while coasting in gear, then returning to 15ish while on the throttle? It is consistently doing this. Out of gear idling numbers look pretty normal too.
Sounds relatively normal, I assume that 15-ish isn't under full load? high AFR while coasting is 100% normal, I forget the specifics of it but yeah it's normal.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Sounds relatively normal, I assume that 15-ish isn't under full load? high AFR while coasting is 100% normal, I forget the specifics of it but yeah it's normal.
No around 13-15 on the radar while coasting and idling. 14.7 most often times. I know the digital gauge isn't perfect but this is a relief. Thanks

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
My understanding is that the car is using the momentum from the wheels to keep the engine powered, so there's no need to feed it gas when you're coasting unlike when you're sitting and idling - hence the super lean AFR

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Depends on how long you were coasting. The injectors shut off when coasting so it should go real lean. When you are coasting the miles per gallon readout on the MFD will not show anything.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I like Hombre's answer. Fuel will shut off when not needed. I would be willing to wager the 29.4 is the highest number it will display.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
So, something kinda strange happened today. I ran my car very hard today 😅 just from the runs to cars and coffee, the run home afterwards, and then I did some backroad runs after that… I had finished up and was heading back to the house, car ran like a champ the whole time! Suddenly, I notice the EPC light turn on…? Then the car just starts driving like doggggggshit. Read codes, random misfires, cylinder 1 & 4 threw their own codes. Stopped at the sheetz to go and pee, came back out and she was fine! I’m going to check plugs when it cools off, because she’s hawt. Any other ideas?

JohnnyGTD

Car(s)
2014 Golf GTD
Hey all, back with another noob question. My GTD has the Nogano 18" but they're all chewed up. Every one. My detailer reckons it'll be close to £500 to refurb and sort them all out. I'm considering putting that money into a set of Enkei ts-10s instead.
Apart from the cost of the wheels and tyres, is there anything I need to know about buying wheels?