GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

okMK

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Gti
The other day I noticed something weird, and it's not the only time: I backed into a spot at a gas pump, and when I got out the rear camera was still in the 'up' position, in spite of the car being parked and ignition off. It didn't fold back in until I started the car and drove away.

The other time I noticed it I had backed into a parking spot, got out and went to open the hatch... same story. I had to cycle the ignition to make it fold in, so I could open my rear hatch.

WTF?
You likely did some combination of actions that caused the camera to stay open in a "service mode" setting, assuming one exists. You can do the same thing with the windshield wipers.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
What would you use if you wanted to change the colour of your springs?

I'm set on the H&R OE Sport springs, but that blurple colour is going to totally harsh my marshmellow... they need to be red on this car.

Couple coats with a rattle can, or something else?

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
You likely did some combination of actions that caused the camera to stay open in a "service mode" setting, assuming one exists. You can do the same thing with the windshield wipers.

I'm going to try recreating it on purpose today; I think it happens if you reverse, park, shut off the ignition and open the door quickly.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
The springs are taking care of the lowering part, such as it is.

I've never used plasti-dip, is there anything special about applying it? I wonder if regular ol' Krylon will flake off due to the springs flexing?

kyLman

Car(s)
2015 Golf
The springs are taking care of the lowering part, such as it is.

I've never used plasti-dip, is there anything special about applying it? I wonder if regular ol' Krylon will flake off due to the springs flexing?
I would guess the flex will make plastidip crack very soon. Powder coat might work. Hydro dip maybe? Can you strip the OE paint off the springs? Then most should stick

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
H&R springs have a sort of rubber/textured coating. I'd try regular spraypaint but don't expect it to work very well. I'm all about aesthetics, but you really can't ever see the springs unless your wheels are off.

wasbaggedonce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'll be completely honest, this is the first time ever in my life that I've had dedicated snow/winter tires (studless), and I'm sliding around all over the place. I'm guessing they're just not good on dry roads. I figured it was time to put them on because it was snowing and freezing and not going above 40ish most days. I guess I'll just have to adjust my driving style. I spun in fourth trying to pass a truck on the highway..

JohnnyGTD

Car(s)
2014 Golf GTD
Hello all, another stupid question if I may. What is supposed to go here?

Attachments

• PXL_20211126_135505163~2.jpg
    PXL_20211126_135505163~2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 27

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Passenger side window all of a sudden lost memory for all up all down… How did that happen? How do I reprogram it?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Strange, the window was rolled all the way up already when you tried?
I retried it. Evidently it was a millimeter for being all the way up. When I insured it was all the way up and followed your instructions. Boom it worked. Thanks!