GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Had that one for a while, wasn't a fan of it. I ended up replacing it with the ECS one.
Why? You fitting it uneven? Or color off on your glass? I’m happy with mine especially vs some metal plug

Attachments

• 0F655F39-7BCC-4400-BC6E-81CF4BDB8C99.jpeg
    0F655F39-7BCC-4400-BC6E-81CF4BDB8C99.jpeg
    556.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 34759FA3-7A20-4B84-B6D9-36A2CF926A20.jpeg
    34759FA3-7A20-4B84-B6D9-36A2CF926A20.jpeg
    582.1 KB · Views: 38

krs

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I like to see out of my rear window during shitty weather. Guess in Vegas though it rains once a decade, would be a different story there.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Why? You fitting it uneven? Or color off on your glass? I’m happy with mine especially vs some metal plug

While I do like the look of the plug style better myself, I do remember there was some reason driving the switch. But at this point, I can't remember what it was. Irrational fear of it leaking into the hatch maybe? I can't remember...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
I like to see out of my rear window during shitty weather. Guess in Vegas though it rains once a decade, would be a different story there.

Ehh. In the last two years I've had it off, never once have I gone "I can't see out my rear window and a wiper would fix that". I think the rear wiper is extremely overrated and unnecessary.

krs

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Ehh. In the last two years I've had it off, never once have I gone "I can't see out my rear window and a wiper would fix that". I think the rear wiper is extremely overrated and unnecessary.

That’s good, glad you like yours removed.

Guess what, I disagree, but that’s okay. I get about 6 months of snowy, wet, icy and crap weather to where I like the improved visibility. I like being able to see better out the rear window.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Pretty sure it just means you don't check your rearview enough.

Unless you're washing the car daily during the salt months. 😄

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Stupid guestion time.

My 19 GTI has the forward collision sensor. Is this the same sensor they use for ACC? Can I use OBD11 to give my car ACC?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes, even in snowy environments. We get plenty of snow up here in New England, never once felt it was necessary 🤷‍♂️
At least you'll never see the guy who rear ends you when your rear window is covered in snow and slush. 😂

Reactions: krs

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Stupid guestion time.

My 19 GTI has the forward collision sensor. Is this the same sensor they use for ACC? Can I use OBD11 to give my car ACC?
Pretty sure that’s what’s used, but I HIGHLY doubt you can just turn it on, it’s got to have a different module that what ours uses.

I have it in the Tiguan, it’s super intuitive in that car, it really surprising how well it works too, you can change lanes and it will gas and brake for you with precision

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Pretty sure that’s what’s used, but I HIGHLY doubt you can just turn it on, it’s got to have a different module that what ours uses.

I have it in the Tiguan, it’s super intuitive in that car, it really surprising how well it works too, you can change lanes and it will gas and brake for you with precision

Does the Tiggy have a camera?