GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
yeah i broke that a long time and a lot of miles ago lol. I used 2 zip ties around it, then tapped it I believe. Never looked back.
*couple smacks on the connector, couple little tugs* - "that ain't going anywhere"

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Looks like zip ties and foil tape it is. I’ll probably attack it from underneath and be absolutely sure it’s not coming apart.
That's what I did for a while, you really gotta do it from the bottom cuz its hard to see whats going on from the top. It only cost 20 bucks to get the plug fixed at a local Euro shop. Good insurance for peace of mind that your zip ties wont melt or anything like that but in all reality its most likely fine to keep it that way

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
I removed my JB4 w/ bluetooth from my GTI but forgot to unpair it from my phone. From my understanding I just need to install plug D again, connect my phone to the JB4 and logout? Is there something I am missing?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the reply. Havent had the car apart yet to look for witness marks. It happens over bumps at speed, so im thinking sway bar. I did not get shorter end links
I did not trim my bump stops when I installed the springs - could that cause the clunk? I dont feel like its bottoming out but I guess it could be

poi217

How do you open the hatch while the engine is running?

I've tried all the buttons on the keyfob, even long pressing/pressing twice, and it doesnt work.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

I've tried all the buttons on the keyfob, even long pressing/pressing twice, and it doesnt work.
Make sure the doors are unlocked and push the top of the VW emblem in.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

Do you have the fob programmed and the hatch pop kit installed?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

You can program it with Carista. That's what I did.

CiDirkona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK3 TT, MK1 Atlas SE
this...someone physically has to do it it won't pop open on it's own. (safety)

On the mk6s, you could set (vagcom/obd11) the hatch activation into Jetta mode, so it works like a non-passenger-compartment door and can open completely. This also makes it so the trunk actually pops the latch rather than just unlocking it when you use the remote. Technically not the safest thing since you could literally automatically open a passenger compartment door (hatch) while the vehicle is running and moving.

(for reference, I did alot more modifications of my 6s than my 7s. 7s might do this too, I just haven't tried myself)