GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

cb1111

I made it all the way home an hour from the track with it under the car.
This guy has you beat

1622986812004.png

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Are Cobb Access ports generic across all lines? Like say you get one from a totaled Subaru, can you upload an EQT tune to it and use it in ours? Or are the access ports, like, serialized for manufactures?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Are Cobb Access ports generic across all lines? Like say you get one from a totaled Subaru, can you upload an EQT tune to it and use it in ours? Or are the access ports, like, serialized for manufactures?
Pretty sure they're brand specific.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Pretty sure they're brand specific.

No. They’re model/platform specific.

The hardware itself is generic. Physically, a Suburu Accessport is the same as VW Accessport. They are 'locked' to a certain brand/model, but can be relicensed, for a fee. So if you got an Accessport from a totalled Suburu, you could definitely use it on your VW.

After paying a fee, of course.

https://www.cobbtuning.com/buying-a-used-accessport/

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
how often should I clean or replace the filter(s) of aftermarket air intake?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So, this little bracket that holds the brake line to the knuckle... Does anybody know the size of the bolt that attaches to the knuckle? Or a part number? I've seem to have lost one...

View attachment 215447

Remove the other one and measure it.

So, apparently I'm missing both...

I can only find the part number for the bracket, not the bolt that holds it in place. I can find the bolt on diagrams, but there's no info for it :(

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
how often should I clean or replace the filter(s) of aftermarket air intake?
Just visually inspecting it is the easiest way to know when to clean it. There's no set mileage due to the environment you drive in. An example is in Phoenix because of how dry and dusty it is it would need to be cleaned more frequently.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes. I do. But the cone filter is garbage. They all are. I like the Cobb oiled filter. I’ll run that one for 10-12k miles for sure. But the dry ones suck, their filtration rate tanks little by little.
How much does it cost? My AEM dry flow is somewhere around $40 for a replacement. Too expensive to toss.