GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Lob-Star

Passed Driver's Ed
My front washer pump doesn't work. The wipers work when I pull the stalk. The rear pump still works. Where do I start with troubleshooting? I can't find a fuse.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My front washer pump doesn't work. The wipers work when I pull the stalk. The rear pump still works. Where do I start with troubleshooting? I can't find a fuse.
Can you hear if the pump is running but maybe the nozzles are plugged up?

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
Any of you guys used one of those auto parts store AC rechargers? If so, which one do you recommend and how well did it work? My AC seems to have a leak and my mechanic wanted me to replace the compressor last year. He recharged it and it lasted a while, though I wasn't driving the car much. It seems to be out of juice again and I don't want to spend the dough to replace the compressor so I figure I'll recharge until it doesn't take.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Any of you guys used one of those auto parts store AC rechargers? If so, which one do you recommend and how well did it work? My AC seems to have a leak and my mechanic wanted me to replace the compressor last year. He recharged it and it lasted a while, though I wasn't driving the car much. It seems to be out of juice again and I don't want to spend the dough to replace the compressor so I figure I'll recharge until it doesn't take.
I used one the other day on a friends car. it had a polar bear on the container. I don't know if that's a good one or not but it did work

Fourflys

Car(s)
2016 Autobahn DSG
I believe it was this one. It was not from deautoled. It is a complete assembly, not a replacement bulb. I load up seats down a lot at night and it's a great help.
Just ordered, was it just a "pop the old one out and pop the new one in" install?

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
So apparently I don't have the normal manual transmission housing with the fill plug in the usual spot. Instead it's a plastic fill plug right below the shifter. Does anyone else have this and happen to have a part number for that plug? I can't find it online and googling "mk7 gti manual transmission plastic plug" just turns up a bunch of oil plugs.

(found this picture online)
fullsizera.jpg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So apparently I don't have the normal manual transmission housing with the fill plug in the usual spot. Instead it's a plastic fill plug right below the shifter. Does anyone else have this and happen to have a part number for that plug? I can't find it online and googling "mk7 gti manual transmission plastic plug" just turns up a bunch of oil plugs.

(found this picture online)
View attachment 213096
its not a fill plug that you fill it from at the top by the selector actually, its this tension locator type ball for the gear selector.
#29.

you can you re install it afterwards, but honestly that it still quiet the pain to fill from there cause the hose has to be tiny... its really just easier to unbolt the (2) 13MM bolts that hold the selector shaft on and remove that so you can just pour out the fluid directly down that opening that's like a 2.5" diameter hole.

406301300.png

Last edited:

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Does everyone else have a little storage compartment under their driver seat or is it just mine? I know on the Mk6 it was a popular aftermarket mod and I actually had it when I bought leather seats off a local since he already did the compartment mod. Wasn't sure if VW just made it standard for the 7s...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Does everyone else have a little storage compartment under their driver seat or is it just mine? I know on the Mk6 it was a popular aftermarket mod and I actually had it when I bought leather seats off a local since he already did the compartment mod. Wasn't sure if VW just made it standard for the 7s...

Standard in the 2015 - 2017 S/SE's. Not in the Autobahn due to the fully power seat. Removed from all 2018 and ups.