GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

cb1111

flat spots really aren't much of a thing anymore...and the winters on early!?!? :LOL:
It is never too early to put winters on....

If a modern tire has a persistent flat spot (not a "I let the car sit for a half year and got a bit of a thumpety thump for the first couple of miles") then the tire is defective.

It is far easier for the dealer to say "buy a new tire" than it is for them to put in a warranty claim with Bridgestone".

Most Bridgestone dealers will warranty this without question - new'ish tire with a defect that keeps it from balancing.

Your dealer needs to be slapped by VW of Canada.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It is never too early to put winters on....

If a modern tire has a persistent flat spot (not a "I let the car sit for a half year and got a bit of a thumpety thump for the first couple of miles") then the tire is defective.

It is far easier for the dealer to say "buy a new tire" than it is for them to put in a warranty claim with Bridgestone".

Most Bridgestone dealers will warranty this without question - new'ish tire with a defect that keeps it from balancing.

Your dealer needs to be slapped by VW of Canada.
If you're going to put winter tires on in early May you might as well run them year around.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT

okMK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
16 2dr MK7
Anybody know how this goes together? IKEA has spoiled me. I thought the ring clamp was for the turbo, but I think I'm supposed to re-use my old one and use this one to join the mid-section. Also is there any kind of rubber washer or something comes off of the hold turbo clamp between the DP and the turbo that I need to reuse?

Attachments

• 20210507_180937.jpg
    20210507_180937.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 15