GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I was looking it up. American rabbit trim definitely doesn’t have acc. My mistake

dunno about the Canadians though

Canadian Rabbit trim from 2019 was equivalent to the SE w/ Experience Package. It may have come with ACC, again don’t know lol. Prolly not since it’s typically reserved for exclusively SEL/Autobahn models

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
what’s that?
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/ecm-service-campaign-action-code-24fx.383309/

Software update, sounds like it may be related to emissions but I haven't researched it heavily. 2019 with 18k on it, no stalling but I'll likely get the update as there are reports of improved fuel economy... Side note, just got average of 39mpg highway using cruise control at ~70mph for about half an hour, the weekend previous I had a blast autocrossing the same car. Very nice to see the GTI offers great enjoyment on both sides of the fence, something I'm not terribly used to.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/ecm-service-campaign-action-code-24fx.383309/

Software update, sounds like it may be related to emissions but I haven't researched it heavily. 2019 with 18k on it, no stalling but I'll likely get the update as there are reports of improved fuel economy... Side note, just got average of 39mpg highway using cruise control at ~70mph for about half an hour, the weekend previous I had a blast autocrossing the same car. Very nice to see the GTI offers great enjoyment on both sides of the fence, something I'm not terribly used to.

hm, I wonder if it’s for 1.8T/4Mo cars as well since I have a 2019 Alltrack and would love to re-gain the gas mileage I lost when I went APR S1 lol

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Anyone know of any issues I will have installing the APR Dogbone Mount with a Powerflex insert? Is the bolt that comes with the APR dog bone the same as stock? The powerflex insert calls for install with the stock bolt.

1618846780931.png

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Anyone know of any issues I will have installing the APR Dogbone Mount with a Powerflex insert? Is the bolt that comes with the APR dog bone the same as stock? The powerflex insert calls for install with the stock bolt.

View attachment 210885

The APR piece inserts into the voids in the factory dogbone. The powerflex insert inserts into the voids in the factory dogbone. You cannot run both simultaneously. You CAN, however, modify your powerflex insert to run the UPPER 034 insert in conjunction with the powerflex piece. 034’s upper insert is the only piece of its kind on the market, all others are 2-in-1 solutions (lower + upper insert). The 2-in-1 solution has inherent compromises, since the upper insert portions can only insert into the areas where there is direct voids with nothing in the way. Th upper insert fills much more of the upper void than any other solution on the market, besides perhaps a full-replacement lower/upper piece (unless my understanding of that is flawed and there is truly no such thing as a”full” replacement dogbone, just more hybrid-like pieces that retain the OEM upper bushing).

also yes you can re-use OEM bolt, though it IS a stretch bolt so you SHOULD get a new one for install.

Last edited:
Reactions: the

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Definitely feels dumb, but has anyone ever retrofit the window switches from the Mk7 (with the chrome tips) into a Mk7.5 (plain)? The chrome is a nice touch, wondering if they're compatible or not. Anyone know what the front driver and passenger part numbers would be if so?

Attachments

• IMG_9901.jpeg
    IMG_9901.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
  • 5g0959857cwzu.jpg
    5g0959857cwzu.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 58

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Definitely feels dumb, but has anyone ever retrofit the window switches from the Mk7 (with the chrome tips) into a Mk7.5 (plain)? The chrome is a nice touch, wondering if they're compatible or not. Anyone know what the front driver and passenger part numbers would be if so?

of course they’re compatible, it’s the same part just one has the chrome tips lol