GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Ezekiel81923

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Question for people running a 5mm spacer.. it seems like none of them come with a built in centering ring, are you guys using a hub centering ring with these? Also most don’t come with new bolts, are you ordering longer ones or using the factory ones?

Check 42DD. I'm running 5mm front and 10mm rear and both are hubcentric and wheelcentric. Technically mine are adapters since the wheelcentric side is for a different bore than the hubcentric side but they can make whatever you need I believe.

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/wheel-spacers-adapters/

They did not come with bolts, I bought longer bolts from Otis Inc LA

GenX Retread

Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Here's another one; every time I drive the car, I have to turn the blind spot monitoring ON in the menu; it reverts to OFF between drives. What am I missing here? It should be always ON by default, right?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Here's another one; every time I drive the car, I have to turn the blind spot monitoring ON in the menu; it reverts to OFF between drives. What am I missing here? It should be always ON by default, right?
It doesn't have to be on by default but if you turn it on it should stay turned on and not reset to off when you turn off the car.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
That's what I thought. Is that something the dealer can fix via programming?

definitely sounds like your infotainment could use a hard reset or firmware flash, something to wake it up from this bad state it’s in. All my driver assistance features stay on/off per whatever I set them to between drives.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I got one of their battery jumpers. I think NOCO gb40. Worked great a few times since the kids inevitably leave the lights on in the car.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Don't the lights auto off after a bit of time anyhow? Could of sworn I left one on and didn't notice it until after startup when it stayed on and don't recall it being on when I walked up to the car.
Different car. Old cx9. They will just stay on til your battery dies