GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
I just picked up a new GTI last week, and either I'm dumber than I thought, or VW is?

Is there no way to pop the hatch from the driver's seat?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I just picked up a new GTI last week, and either I'm dumber than I thought, or VW is?

There's no need to. If you unlock the door the hatch is unlocked. There was a little kit you could buy to add an oem hatch button for the mk6, but I'm not sure if they have something similar for the mk7.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

😂 you’re channeling me when I got mine

the hatch’s lock obeys your door lock commands. If doors are unlocked. U can go and open the hatch with your hands.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
😂 you’re channeling me when I got mine

the hatch’s lock obeys your door lock commands. If doors are unlocked. U can go and open the hatch with your hands.
I never thought there was a need to pop it from the driver seat until covid happened and curbside pickup became a huge thing. The looks of bewilderment from the poor person fulfilling your order are kind of funny, but then I feel bad and have to get out to help them. Even when you tell them it's the emblem, they never figure it out.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I never thought there was a need to pop it from the driver seat until covid happened and curbside pickup became a huge thing. The looks of bewilderment from the poor person fulfilling your order are kind of funny, but then I feel bad and have to get out to help them. Even when you tell them it's the emblem, they never figure it out.
The emblem thing is really cool but yeah, kinda unique

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
That's when you pop into reverse real quick. THE EMBLEM!!!

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Precisely this, although I can think of other examples. That clever emblem-door handle will outsmart everyone who doesn't own the car, and there's no other good way to lift the hatch, so I suppose in that sense there's no need to un-latch the hatch from the driver's position. Bravo VW.