GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
thank you @Diggs24 and @StorableComa ! I tried numbering them but the pics weren’t showing up on the message box on my phone.
And thanks for the answers, I just wanted to know what they are called so I can do some online research to understand the function of them for maintenance/repair purposes.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Thanks for everyone's input/suggestions to my question about buying a car with cash. After speaking with my bank we are going to meet in person at his bank and do a wire transfer, will get the bill of sale signed and notarized at the same time. Both of our banks say it should only take between 10 minutes and an hour to complete the transfer.

If all goes well I'll be posting an exciting pic in the "what did you get today" thread next week :cool:.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Anyone know what major recall VW is having right now? I got the no loaners available response today when turning over my vehicle for warranty work that may take up to 10 days. Apparently they are dealing with a ton of recall work.

cb1111

Thanks for everyone's input/suggestions to my question about buying a car with cash. After speaking with my bank we are going to meet in person at his bank and do a wire transfer, will get the bill of sale signed and notarized at the same time. Both of our banks say it should only take between 10 minutes and an hour to complete the transfer.

If all goes well I'll be posting an exciting pic in the "what did you get today" thread next week :cool:.
Makes perfect sense. that's how I sold my r32 years ago. Don't forget to get temp tags.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
I have a 2106 vw mk7 tsi with halogen bulb headlights. I erased my highbeam adaption value for "leuchte 8fl lampendefekt bit position 8" and 9fl, does someone have the values?

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Nevermind i found an old adaption map and got the correct value.

Fdotorres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Is the mk7.5 (2018) engine 100% compatible with the mk7 (2015)? Just bought a mk7 with fawcked up engine and have to decide whether I should simply swap the engine or repair/forge mine.

Fdotorres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Thanks for the answers, guys. Do you believe I should buy the used one or repair with bigger IE pistons, rods, rings, etc? Price difference is around $500 (7.5 engine is the cheaper option)

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Thanks for the answers, guys. Do you believe I should buy the used one or repair with bigger IE pistons, rods, rings, etc? Price difference is around $500 (7.5 engine is the cheaper option)
IE is under fire for some of their built blocks, not sure if that's more assembly or hardware related - There are a few posts on the topic. There are also a few posts on built engines you might want to read over, might give some ideas and what manufacturers they went with.