GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah that’s wayyyyyy too long for a Mount install. I paid $250 at a small family performance shop in Jersey called TCR Racing, they build RS3’s. He got it done in about 1 hour.
Yeah I was gonna say I’m a slow ass home Guy and it’s around 1 hour of work

Vegas dealer rate is 175 per hour!

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
Does the autobahn have a different alignment vs the S and SE?
Unless the previous owner made any suspension changes or had an alignment shop change the alignment to help with different purposes, it should be the same I believe.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Unless the previous owner made any suspension changes or had an alignment shop change the alignment to help with different purposes, it should be the same I believe.
Finally spoke to someone who knew wtf they were talking about. The alignment is different. Not because the autobahn has or needed an alignment advantage. But due to the sensors. The whole process was explained to me.

dude’s supposed to email me the alignment specs. I’ll share as soon as it comes in.

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
Finally spoke to someone who knew wtf they were talking about. The alignment is different. Not because the autobahn has or needed an alignment advantage. But due to the sensors. The whole process was explained to me.

dude’s supposed to email me the alignment specs. I’ll share as soon as it comes in.
Ah ok I was wrong then. Good to know, hope you get your alignment worked out!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
WTF?

My local firestone said they couldn't give me an alignment because they couldn't get a good reading from my dropping.......3/4".

You've got to be kidding me

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
That’s weird. It’s such a small drop too
I dropped almost 3" and had no issue getting an alignment done. Try going to a tuner shop or somewhere else that deal with modded cars, they can figure almost anything out.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I have a pretty stupid question. I'm looking into buying a MK7 GTI, as I currently don't own a car. I know german cars have a bad reliability reputation, so I'm wondering if anyone has had a bad experience with relialiability. Thanks
Mk4 GTI with 1.8T was solid. Sold at 150k miles and drove for 108k. Only parts replaced were front suspension, power steering rack and pinion, and waterpump/timing belt. Very very solid car but the rust got to it in the end.

MK7 GTI has 57k trouble free miles since I bought it new 5 years ago.

165k miles in a VW and I hope I get to drive my MK7 all the way up to past 200k before the salt eats the body away!

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Here are my stupid questions:

If I want to do a full suspension refresh, what do I order besides shocks/dampers and springs?

When is it recommended to replace all the bushings? Both front and rear?