GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

imthanick_a

Autocross Newbie
I have replaced my air cabin filter. For some reason, I think the one I have been ordering is too big or for another car. It was scrunched when I pulled it out and the new one does the same thing. Do the 2018+ have a longer filter? Am I crazy? Bad air filter insertion technique, perhaps? Let me know. I have been searching the forums/Google and can’t find anything that sticks for this one. Thanks in advance... Feel free to tear me apart on this one 🤣
Im not here to comment on other dudes' insertion techniques

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have replaced my air cabin filter. For some reason, I think the one I have been ordering is too big or for another car. It was scrunched when I pulled it out and the new one does the same thing. Do the 2018+ have a longer filter? Am I crazy? Bad air filter insertion technique, perhaps? Let me know. I have been searching the forums/Google and can’t find anything that sticks for this one. Thanks in advance... Feel free to tear me apart on this one 🤣
Are you installing it sideways?

Mk7tsi3door

Passed Driver's Ed
Speaking of lube my drivers window all of a sudden seems to bind up when halfway down, goes up and halfway down just fine but won’t go down all the way, should I lube up the track?what do I lube it with? I don’t want to have to take off the door panel if I don’t have to lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Speaking of lube my drivers window all of a sudden seems to bind up when halfway down, goes up and halfway down just fine but won’t go down all the way, should I lube up the track?what do I lube it with? I don’t want to have to take off the door panel if I don’t have to lol
You can lube it but it sounds more like a problem with the regulator.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Would a R is38 require a downpipe on a gti? Or would the stock one fit fine. I ask because of carb and their standards :/

shovelhd

Go Kart Champion
Would a R is38 require a downpipe on a gti? Or would the stock one fit fine. I ask because of carb and their standards :/
I'm not sure what you are asking. If you're trying to fit an IS38 from a Golf R onto your GTI downpipe, it will fit, but it is way too restrictive, and will cause problems.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I'm not sure what you are asking. If you're trying to fit an IS38 from a Golf R onto your GTI downpipe, it will fit, but it is way too restrictive, and will cause problems.
Should I use a golf r downpipe?

I’m trying to find a solution where I can still meet emissions and run an is38.