GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Disturbd1

Ready to race!
I need some help. I've purchased these before, when I had my '15 GTI, and for whatever reason it wasn't an issue at all...

On the R, however, they're not staying fully adhered. Do I buy a spray adhesive? Is there a better and safer alternative? As you can (hopefully) tell, it's really just the edges that seem to be the problem, but the separation does spread if I don't press them into place again.
View attachment 187894
View attachment 187895
I hate to be a pest, but...bump.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I'm looking at a new 2019 Alltrack SEL DSG - under 10 miles on the odo - and has been sitting on the lot for 400 days.

What maintenance should the dealer do before I pick it up if I decide to buy it? I'm thinking:

Oil change
New battery?
Alignment - nothing to do with time, but many (most? all?) of these seem to come from the factory misaligned.
Cabin air filter

Not sure what to do about the tires or brakes (other than clean off the topical rust from the rotors)

what else am I missing?

In the early 80's, I bought a new 3 year old Ford Granada that had been sitting at the port in Germany the whole time. I drove it for 4 years without any issues (new battery) and sold it for $500 more than I paid for it. Ford did end up repainting the car a few months after I bought it because of acid rain, but they did a great job (with the exception of forgetting to put flexing agent in the plastic bits - Germans didn't have plastic bumper filler pieces back then and this thing had US bumpers).
a car sitting on the lot for 400 days scares me. average time a car sits is 2 months (source google). Its not uncommon for a car to sit longer ect, but it just doesn't make much sense idn. just do your homework, thats a long time for a car to sit on the lot aka money just being wasted away

cb1111

a car sitting on the lot for 400 days scares me. average time a car sits is 2 months (source google). Its not uncommon for a car to sit longer ect, but it just doesn't make much sense idn. just do your homework, thats a long time for a car to sit on the lot aka money just being wasted away
Yes, but there are still a ton of new Alltracks/Sportwagen kicking around that have all been sitting for a long time. Gives me pause as well.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
why would a car sitting around scare you....nothing except possibly fuel/battery will go bad.
they have huge incentives to sell any car at a loss. Usually there are programs for all dealers (VW, ford, ect, ect) that give the dealer tens of thousands in bonus at the end of the year if they sell xxx amount of cars. That is why they take hits on some cars. Its possible it is just a slow area of business where OP is, but imo it should already be sold if they knew what they are doing. Scary part is maybe its buy back, rebuild, ect ect. idn

imthanick_a

Autocross Newbie
How do I inch forward with the dsg transmission in a parking spot? It likes to lurch forward and I feel like I'm gonna slam into the parking garage.
Feather your brakes