GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Anyone got the vw part numbers for the bolts that need replaced when installing bfi engine and dsg trans mounts?
Didn't BFI include bolts with their mounts?
Look at ECS Tuning. They will have the bolts you need.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
So in my area and more importantly my gas station I use, they have 87, 89, 93. I’ve been trying to decide which tune I wanted to go with (91 low torque) until I realized that I didn’t even have 91 available near me. What would you guys do?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So in my area and more importantly my gas station I use, they have 87, 89, 93. I’ve been trying to decide which tune I wanted to go with (91 low torque) until I realized that I didn’t even have 91 available near me. What would you guys do?

Go with 91 low torque and use 93.

cb1111

87 because that is what you'll find everywhere. I've been to lots of areas where the only gas that was available was 87. The 87 tunes are generally safer but still add a bit of oomph.

OTOH, if you only plan on buying gas at the same gas station and only puttering around town, then you need to ask yourself if you really need any tune.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
87 because that is what you'll find everywhere. I've been to lots of areas where the only gas that was available was 87. The 87 tunes are generally safer but still add a bit of oomph.

OTOH, if you only plan on buying gas at the same gas station and only puttering around town, then you need to ask yourself if you really need any tune.

I live in the country surrounded by some of the best roads I’ve ever been on... I ask myself all the time why it isn’t tuned yet.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

dannyboi88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3 8V
can anyone recommend me a clutch for my mk7.5 GTI i average 400 miles a week, would like some feedback on what options are out there?

Thanks in Advance

SureShot

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
Hey guys I have a question about warranty. I am looking at a 2019 GTI that is still brand new. If I buy it, do I have to do the recommended services in order to maintain the warranty? Also is there a list somewhere of what services are required? I want to know what I’m getting into before buying it. any help is really appreciated!

cb1111

Hey guys I have a question about warranty. I am looking at a 2019 GTI that is still brand new. If I buy it, do I have to do the recommended services in order to maintain the warranty? Also is there a list somewhere of what services are required? I want to know what I’m getting into before buying it. any help is really appreciated!
Yes, you have to do the required services to keep your warranty intact, but you can do those at the dealer, at an indy or do them yourself - just keep records.

cb1111

There are no "recommended" services by VW. Some dealers try to convince you that your car will blow up if you don't don't do their "recommended" services in addition to the required services, but they are only vacuuming your wallet.

There are about a zillion sites that tell you what is the required maintenance - it is also in the owner's manual.

If you do servicing at an indy, keep all your receipts and make sure that the types of fluids used are shown along with dates and mileage.

If you do your own servicing, then keep copies of all receipts for fluids and keep a logbook of what you did and when. I keep things like box tops for filters, labels for bottles (if they come off easy) or a photo of all your parts lined up on the counter. Print the picture and kep it with your dated receipts and list of services performed. Also, identify who did the service.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
For 60K:

No less than six oil and filter changes at 10K intervals
If you have a DSG transmission, one service at 40K
Air filter and cabin filter at 30K?
Spark plugs at 60K?