GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

chillax

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
My brain dead moment question: What happens if you have push button start and forget to turn your engine off (taking your key with you)? Does the car run until it's out of fuel or does it turn off after a set amount of time?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2018 R
My brain dead moment question: What happens if you have push button start and forget to turn your engine off (taking your key with you)? Does the car run until it's out of fuel or does it turn off after a set amount of time?
The car stays on and unless you've changed the coding you can't lock the doors so anybody could just get in and drive it away.

chillax

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
The car stays on and unless you've changed the coding you can't lock the doors so anybody could just get in and drive it away.
Thanks, I guess I didn't leave my car on when I got to work yesterday after all lol. I only wondered because it seemed like the engine heated up much faster than usual almost like I had parked it 1 hour ago instead of 6.

BadHombre760

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
yeah i cant, im in an apartment, so idont have access to fill it at home
I would just drive it to the closest gas station, and assume it only raised the pressure by a pound or two so just fill em to 38 maybe 39. At that point it's not that big of a deal lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
so what do you put it at? when its warmed up, since i have to drive to discount tire
Check your sticker on the door and just have them put it at that pressure. It's best to check them in the morning when the car has sat all night.