GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Ok I’m not sure what’s going on, or if this is just normal for everyone, but I have the dsg, and when I have it in sport mode after doing a heavy acceleration, when I let off the throttle it makes this kind of flutter sound, it’s more pronounced in 3rd, but it will do it in every gear, and the weird part is that it only does it in sport and not in normal mode at all....anyone ever had this happen and know what it is??

Try recording a clip with your phone to share.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Like make a YouTube video of it? Ok I can do that this evening

Yeah I did that when my old Golf was making a strange noise on cold starts. If you have an Android phone I think you can share the video thru Google Photos as well.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
When upgrading a RSB, are the four bolts that hold the sway bar bushings reusable?

Drys

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'15 GSW TDI
On a Golf gauge cluster, is there supposed to be a light that lets you know your headlights are on? Or is it only in the headlight switch, itself? It makes me second guess myself if my lights are on - twilight hours or raining situations.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
On a Golf gauge cluster, is there supposed to be a light that lets you know your headlights are on? Or is it only in the headlight switch, itself? It makes me second guess myself if my lights are on - twilight hours or raining situations.
DRL are always on, so there is that, and its just the switch. If you turn the highbeams on then it shows the blue hi beam symbol

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
I want to remove the grille so I can wrap the chrome bar on my R. If I disconnect the radar sensor I should be ok right, just as long as I don’t start the car

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
your numbers on the gauges will not be lit....if you can't read them turn your lights on. I find it an elegant solution to the problem, I also own a Toyota having to look for the symbol rather than looking at a dark dash to figure it out.

Drys

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'15 GSW TDI
DRL are always on, so there is that, and its just the switch. If you turn the highbeams on then it shows the blue hi beam symbol
Yes, but I'm so used to seeing a green icon light in the dash for lights-on. I know there's the blue icon for highbeams, but that's it.

your numbers on the gauges will not be lit....if you can't read them turn your lights on. I find it an elegant solution to the problem, I also own a Toyota having to look for the symbol rather than looking at a dark dash to figure it out.

I guess I don't associate that with headlights. What about foglights, is that switch-only illuminated? But, the gauge cluster is also lit when I just having my running lights on, hence the confusion, albeit, I never really use that setting.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
my cluster is NOT lit with lights (idk fogs don't have) I believe this is something folks change with OBDeleven to be on with parking lights. yes the light switch itself is ilum with park lights

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
If I'm inflating the tires to 37psi during summer do I need to add extra air since the tires are already ~90 degrees in my garage? Or since the tires won't be getting much colder during the summer do I consider that to be the cold pressure? ...or do I do less air to compensate for the tires getting hotter when warmed up? 🤯

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
If I'm inflating the tires to 37psi during summer do I need to add extra air since the tires are already ~90 degrees in my garage? Or since the tires won't be getting much colder during the summer do I consider that to be the cold pressure? ...or do I do less air to compensate for the tires getting hotter when warmed up? 🤯
go to gas station, put whatever psi you want in tires. If max is 40psi, put like 37psi in. I wouldn't over think it, unless you are doing drag racing or autoX where results would vary.