GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Yes the white stuff looked like the outline of now dried up puddle, right? lol This thread seems to be living up to its name :rolleyes::LOL:

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I have a stupid question of my own, more like a thought to comment on. I see lots of people complain about electronic nannies, TC, ESC for example stating only bad drivers need things like that. I just wonder how many of these people us launch control so they can just floor it, let off the brake and let the "nannies" launch the car? :unsure:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have a stupid question of my own, more like a thought to comment on. I see lots of people complain about electronic nannies, TC, ESC for example stating only bad drivers need things like that. I just wonder how many of these people us launch control so they can just floor it, let off the brake and let the "nannies" launch the car? :unsure:

There are no nannies once you've turned off those systems.

Chicken wannabe

Car(s)
NONE YET!
Brakes at 26k is a pretty good sign of abuse.

Gonna guess that comes from brake boosting. Find out if the car has previously been tuned.

Or just back away slowly and find another.

These cars aren't rare.

I'm backing away slowly. :) I would expect that from a GTI, not a mill of the run base Golf. :/

sbarrett4

Ready to race!
Had my car about a month but haven’t really looked into why there are like 5 slots for SD cards. Does any one actually use these? 4 in the glove box and 1 in the cubby next to the steering wheel. You can see the 4 in this pic:
View attachment 175005
Also why do the coin slots On the glove box door only fit one or two coins What do you guys do for change?

I put adhesive felt lining the cubby to the left of the steering wheel and keep my change in there.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I've had the nannies save me from eating the k-rail.

I knows I isn't a race car driver 😋

Half the people here that believe themselves to be amazing drivers only roll race DSG cars in straight lines.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
6mt = organic launch control

gtg223x

Passed Driver's Ed
So i tried searching and posting in a regular thread but got nothing.
I have a 2015 GTI SE with PP and recently got a OBD11. After scanning it threw Fault Code C111204 - Haldex Clutch Pump, Status: Intermittent.

Should I just go ahead and replace the pump?
Is there a way to easily test it?
Is there something I should be feeling?
Only had the car for ~6 months so likely has been an issue the entire time, so probably wouldnt know what to compare it to.

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
When doing the brake flush - does it matter if the car is jacked up evenly w/ all 4 wheels off or can this service be performed by lifting/taking wheels off one-by-one as you work your way around the car?