GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Chicken wannabe

Car(s)
NONE YET!
You could request an explanation on the failure and how they came to notice it post-test drive. If it’s something simple like a failed WG (I think they swap a new turbo for this) and the dealer/service manager is upfront and honest about everything then it’s a call you need to make on how much you’re set on buying that car. Will the purchase include factory warranty too?

Pardon my ignorance , but what is a WG? Also, the thing is that the car is being sold at a Dodge/Chrysler dealership, and they sent it to a VW dealership for the brakes. According to the vendor (I wonder if I can believe him), the VW dealership found the problem with the turbo. I guess I would have a guarantee for the turbo, but only one month for the whole car, according to provincial laws here.

Elwood

3-7-77
The dealer may also just be trying to drum up additional business in some lean times. He's not going to be able to tell if the turbo is bad without it throwing some codes. Can you take it to another dealer to have them check it? They might charge you.

Chicken wannabe

Car(s)
NONE YET!
The dealer may also just be trying to drum up additional business in some lean times. He's not going to be able to tell if the turbo is bad without it throwing some codes. Can you take it to another dealer to have them check it? They might charge you.

Thanks, but after what happened, I'll lose my deposit, and I'm not interested to lose even more money by having the car inspected. :)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Seems weird that the Chrysler dealer wouldn't just replace the brakes. I think they suspected something else was wrong and that's why they sent it to a VW dealer.

Chicken wannabe

Car(s)
NONE YET!
Seems weird that the Chrysler dealer wouldn't just replace the brakes. I think they suspected something else was wrong and that's why they sent it to a VW dealer.

True. I thought about that, we're not talking exotic supercars here. He told me he was going to do that BEFORE he told me about the turbo replacement.

Last edited:

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
How do you reset the front wiper swing position? Each time I turn on my wipers, the driver’s side one hits the window trim on full swing. I tried the service position on and off a few times but it did not fix the issue.
First make sure the correct sized wipers are installed.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
yeah just got the car back from getting wheels and tires ect and now im thinkin its leaking like this white stuff, but how would they even be connected since engine and wheels is very different, but yeah i could collect some, wouldn't know what todo with it tho

If you collect some before it hits the pavement it will be easier to figure out what it is. One of those silver drip trays.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
no my gti is gas, not sure the white crusty stuff. im thinking leaking something
How does your battery look? Anything obvious in the engine bay around the radiator?