GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm going to guess it's lack of patience.

When you get older, you realize that you don't have to do it all at once. Sometimes projects are built over a long time. Do one thing at a time, and do it well. Everyday, you'll look back and say "Daaaamn. It did all that!" šŸ˜Ž

I say go ahead... Get the cheap coils and move forward. But I think you won't be happy. I'd rather spend $600 on a good cup kit that I could resell again than $800 coilovers that are hard to move when you don't like then. Or wait until you can get what excites you.

I'm going to say he read some advertising on a website that sells coils and is convinced they will work better than OEM and they won't. You only replace a coil if you have a faulty one.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I'm going to say he read some advertising on a website that sells coils and is convinced they will work better than OEM and they won't. You only replace a coil if you have a faulty one.
You misunderstood. He meant coilovers (as in suspension). Coils and wheels. (Slammed with rims). šŸ˜Ž

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Just did my first blend at the gas station. Car said it had 20 miles left til empty. Filled up 1 gallon e, then my 2 gallon e. Filled up with 93, bu car only filled up 7.3 gallons. Say I had more e in the gas tanks like 1.3 and 2.4 maybe. Is there a point at which I should be worried if i put to much E in?

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Iā€™m trying to view timing across all cylinders with my OBDELEVEN by running live data on ā€œtiming angle retardationā€ cyls 1-4, but nothing is active when I drive, all parameters are stuck on 0 degrees. What am I doing wrong?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
this def aligns with random and stupid, say you were to race someone, do you think it would be more beneficial to have less gas in your tank, like over 1/4 but way less than 1/2, as weight reduction, or do you think it doesn't matter?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
this def aligns with random and stupid, say you were to race someone, do you think it would be more beneficial to have less gas in your tank, like over 1/4 but way less than 1/2, as weight reduction, or do you think it doesn't matter?
Theoretically, it helps. I think gas weighs like 6lbs per gallon, so dropping a half tank cuts 36lbs. That's about 1% weight reduction. Combined with some other weight reduction (rear seats, spare tire), it could make a real difference, but it would have to be close to start with.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Is Molygen 5w-40 good to go in the 2015-2017 MK7? Last time I aware there was some question on whether it met the VW 502 00 & VW 505 00 spec. It was "recommended" for the spec, but was not "approved"
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/5w40-molygen-new-generation-engine-oil-5-liter-liqui-moly-lm20232
if its recommended for our cars then yes it should be fine. There are too many oil threads on which is best, some of the later models like 2019 and later need 502 or 508 spec idn. I used normal liquid moly for a while, gonna switch as its expensive as hell. Mobil 1 is having a rebate and lots of people here who run 500 hp are using it so why not do that

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
When your turbo goes out, do you always go bigger? Or are there quicker spooling, higher quality IS20 turbo replacements that people sometimes pick up?

(I realize they exist, but I can't find many people that review them.)

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion