GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Has anyone else noticed their rotor rusting to the brake pads after a wash? I think that's what's going on at least. Its happened twice now, and each time it was the morning after a wash, when I go start accelerate there's a tiny bit of resistance followed by a little POP. I guess I should go for a little spin after I wash it.

I've never worried about the surface rust on my rotors before, but I've never had anything like this happen to my older VWs.

Definitely normal. Wait til it happens with your parking brake. That will really scare you. Your car will sound like a semi truck going 90 down a hill with full brakes while dragging a piece of sheet metal

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
He's got a manual I think

1. multi-quote is odd on pc couldn't do it lol. but i see you diggs.

Ya I have a 6MT watched the shopDAP video and they lift the car, then drain, refill but they state it must be level in order for it to be filled correctly (clearly)

I only have 2 jak-stands and 2 ramps but I don't really wanna jack up while its on the ramps or vice versa in order 2 get all 4 corners up level. It would probably be un-safe and I don't trust all that. Was curious if anyone has do the 6mt trans fluid without a lift or I guess maybe they just have 4 stands lol

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

Ya I have a 6MT watched the shopDAP video and they lift the car, then drain, refill but they state it must be level in order for it to be filled correctly (clearly)

I only have 2 jak-stands and 2 ramps but I don't really wanna jack up while its on the ramps or vice versa in order 2 get all 4 corners up level. It would probably be un-safe and I don't trust all that. Was curious if anyone has do the 6mt trans fluid without a lift or I guess maybe they just have 4 stands lol

Accurately measure the quantity that comes out, put that exact amount back in.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

For multi quote, press the small button with a plus first, it will turn orange. Repeat that for every post you want quoted in your post. Then press the big quote button on the last post that you want to quote

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
ah yes i did multi- multi then was like ugh lol so i just single quoted ty. Yeah i might just ask my gf dad if i can bring it by his shop but like im really against asking him since i know how that is (he is a mechanic for a big name company that begins with an I )

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Is the 'Trendline' the same as the 'S' trim?

after research, trendline is related to the very basic model whereas the comfortline is a little better.

These models are on the VW golf in AU market

They are both the base model, but they are completely different.

but... R > GTI > GOLF so the base GTI s is not = golf base

FactoryMatt

Passed Driver's Ed
why does my keyfob weigh 3 $^$% pounds?

there has to be deadweight in there that can be removed right?

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Is the 'Trendline' the same as the 'S' trim?

after research, trendline is related to the very basic model whereas the comfortline is a little better.

These models are on the VW golf in AU market

They are both the base model, but they are completely different.

but... R > GTI > GOLF so the base GTI s is not = golf base

Yeah, Trendline is a regular Golf. In Canada (since OP is in the frozen north), Trendline was the base model Golf until 2018.

For 2019, with the release of the downgraded 1.4L engine, they got rid of the Trendline and made the previous middle model Comfortline the new base model - but only in name, as it is spec'd like the previous base Trendline - so a true base model with previous middle trim name just to confuse everyone (or shady marketing practice).

The base GTI in Canada was never called the 'S' - it was just call GTI.

The base GTI has more goodies and of course engine than the base Golf. Not really a direct comparison as already pointed out above.

Stupid question.

If I want more noise at WOT, but quiet while cruising, would it be better to remove the big resonator on the middle of the exhaust or the rear muffler? I would have a muffler shop weld in piping to replace.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk