GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I checked with costco for battery available for mk7 but they told me they don't carry any for our car. I told them I'm looking for battery size h6/48 but their system categorize the batteries by car make and model. I know some people did buy their battery from costco before for mk7. Anyone know what I should be telling costco so they know what battery to sell to me?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Fitment 29 iirc. It's bigger than stock battery, so the stock battery cover won't fit if you have one.

The interstate site can't find results either, but I used it to get my battery earlier this year.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
FWIU, technically it's a group 47, though the 48s will fit minus the battery cover like NeedSleep said. I don't know if Costco doesn't stock oddball group 47 size batteries, or if they don't have the capability to re-code the car for the new battery (which I sure as heck never had to do in my Japanese cars), and they assume that you don't either. Either one seems just as likely.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Would a spoiler attached via 3M to a vinyl wrapped OEM spoiler risk peeling the vinyl off and just flying away? Would it be better to adhere to the actual surface?

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
Fitment 29 iirc. It's bigger than stock battery, so the stock battery cover won't fit if you have one.

The interstate site can't find results either, but I used it to get my battery earlier this year.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Group 48 is a Saab battery. I have no issues getting those anywhere for my 9-3 so don't see why it would be an issue finding one for the GTI when it comes time. Walk in and say "I need a battery for a 2004 Saab 9-3. 2.0 engine". Done deal.

Thank you guys. Got the battery!!!

Pdotc

Ready to race!
Anyone have any issue with the leather in the front driver's seat of their GTI/R. And if so how did you fix?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
All kinds of reasons. Availability and ease of modifying. I have an 18 SE PP and with the locking differential traction is actually quite good.

understood. don't you wish you could drift or power slide or other funs?
:D

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Hello All,
I'm new here, and my stupid question is: despite all the weaknesses of a FWD, how would the GTI attract such a large fanbase worldwide?

Thanks for reading.

It's affordable, functional, and fun as hell, while being a nicer and more refined car than its competitors.

Also VWs are just a cult hit. You get it or you don't. None of my friends understand why I love my car so much.

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
It's affordable, functional, and fun as hell, while being a nicer and more refined car than its competitors.

Also VWs are just a cult hit. You get it or you don't. None of my friends understand why I love my car so much.

yes!
a cult, we all love it despite its weakness :D

I drove the TDI in Germany back in 2002 and got hooked ever since. Personnally I thought the handling was better than the BMW 316i and MB 240 Diesel on the autobahn but my experiences were limited by those cars (and the volve s60).

Uggers

Passed Driver's Ed
I might of imagined it, but is there a towbar/hitch that you can pull a panel on in the rear of the car that causes it to drop down to be used.

I'm sure I've seen a YouTube video with one for the MK7 Estate especially as there's a hole in the rear spitter for a towbar.

I've tried googling retractable or detachable but I just find ones you can remove not hide away

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Moonray

Passed Driver's Ed

Agree it's more refined. But VWs are a cult hit? They're one of the best selling cars in the world. Everybody loves them. Super easy to live with. Compared to GTI, the FR-S, FoST and WRX have far more of a cult following.

Agree it's more refined. But VWs are a cult hit? They're one of the best selling cars in the world. Everybody loves them. Super easy to live with. Compared to GTI, the FR-S, FoST and WRX have far more of a cult following.
You can't fault VW for having a bigger cult. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk