GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
R QUESTION - does anyone know rough date when 2019 GTI will be replaced in dealers by 2020 GTI?

How long left on the 2019 run?

And do VW typically make "alterations" in a year run? During that time

Cough cough -stalling issue?

Good question and I wonder if there will also be a 2021 MK 7.5 with the MK 8 delay for the U.S.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Random question. My current car (Prius) very much has a sweet spot of highway driving speed where the MPG is maximised. About 60-65 MPH. Of course I like to go faster sometimes, but if so the MPG drops a lot.

Is there a "sweet spot" for the GTI? Of course I'm sure all cars have a drop off, just wondering if any quirks to GTI. Thanks!

Any gasoline powered vehicle will get it's best highway mileage in the lowest speed you can drive it in the highest gear without lugging the engine.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Was poking around my engine bay and saw what looks like black foam wrapped in plastic bags that are stuffed into the top of the fenders? Anyone know what they're for, sound dampening or something?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Was poking around my engine bay and saw what looks like black foam wrapped in plastic bags that are stuffed into the top of the fenders? Anyone know what they're for, sound dampening or something?
They're in mine too. Not sure the purpose I just left them there.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
They're in mine too. Not sure the purpose I just left them there.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I looked in the factory service manual and couldn't find any mention of them.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
I really like the the new Regal Sportback. I may get one while I wait for the MK8. I'm bored with this Cruze.

I hate myself.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I really like the the new Regal Sportback. I may get one while I wait for the MK8. I'm bored with this Cruze.

I hate myself.

It could be worse! I think... Hang in there man! The Regal seems pretty cool for a Buick.

cinderbike

Ready to race!
When I plug my iPhone in it automatically switches to Music mode on Carplay and starts playing music. Is there a way to disable this?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
When I plug my iPhone in it automatically switches to Music mode on Carplay and starts playing music. Is there a way to disable this?
The app has an option for"start automatically". Uncheck it