GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 R Heavy Steering

mk7r dubai

Well, i hate to say it but the issue is back to haunt me again LOL!

--1048836 Blower Output Reduction due to Energy Managment
B10CE 00 [009]

-- 8521278 Battery terminal recognition
U1411 00 [009]
[New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]

Navi

Autocross Champion
this seems like a different issue now isn't it? More like a bad connection with the battery terminals? At least that's what I'm interpreting the "8521278 Battery terminal recognition" to be. But I could be wrong.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie

mk7r dubai

Issue is solved had corrosion on the battery terminals.

Lets hope it does not come back again

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
i have the same issues

no code as well

have you solve the issue yet?

AquaTone61

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE DSG
Hey guys, sorry to wake this from the dead but I have a "15 GTI and I am having a similar issue. My steering gets heavy after driving for a bit, can be 20 minutes, can be an hour +, seems like the more steering I have to do, the sooner it happens. I have only one fault code - --1048836 Blower Output Reduction due to Energy Management B10CE 00 [009] - It seems to happen more often if I am running a lot of electrical load like fog lights, seat heater, rear defrost etc. I have noticed that my A/C fan will decrease speed to 3 regardless of a higher setting if the steering is heavy, sometimes it even slows down before the steering gets heavy. I had the dealer look at it in October right before my CPO ran out as it started acting up in August/September but was very intermittent. They found the battery was not completely bad but needed to be replaced. The battery was about 2 years old. It was fine for a couple weeks after the new battery but now I can make it happen almost every time I drive the car if I want. Another thing that is curious to me is that I had my alternator go bad about a year ago so that has been replaced. Is this an issue with the EPS, either bad CU or the motor drawing too many amps, or is it a power supply issue? Power supply seems like it would be okay as I have 1 year old alternator and a 2 month old battery but I have seen new parts fail right out of the box. I have never seen a warning light and everything works fine after an ignition cycle. I am going back to the dealership next week so they can look at. I will update this with any new information I have.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
The gent above had the same issue and it was corrosion of battery terminals. So your could be similar.
Did you do the scan before shutting the engine off? That was the only way i would see the low voltage error as it cleared after a restart.
Who replaced the alternator? Just wondering if there is a special procedure to follow after replacing. You don't have a BEM do you? As that would need resetting if you did.

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
Always surprised to learn about all of the dumb issues a failing/ failed battery can cause in these cars.

AquaTone61

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE DSG
The gent above had the same issue and it was corrosion of battery terminals. So your could be similar.
Did you do the scan before shutting the engine off? That was the only way i would see the low voltage error as it cleared after a restart.
Who replaced the alternator? Just wondering if there is a special procedure to follow after replacing. You don't have a BEM do you? As that would need resetting if you did.

Battery terminals are fine, failed to mention that. All work was done by a VW dealership, never had any issues with their work so I would think repair procedures were followed. I have worked in the car business with German(Porsche, Audi, and MB) for almost 13 years so I know what’s needed for repairs as far as reprogramming and the like. I’m not a technician but I know my way around under the hood.

When I have scanned for codes, I haven’t cleared anything just because I don’t want to erase any data like time stamps in case it can help the dealer. I can’t see when the fault was set so I don’t know if it’s current.

AquaTone61

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE DSG
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's to all. So the dealership found the alternator was not producing enough power, especially when hot. It was fine right after startup but after about 20-30 minutes, as the temp in the engine bay rose, the voltage level started dropping. It was a year and 2 months old. The CPO warranty expired at the end of October as well. My advisor contacted VW and got the bill mostly covered by goodwill. I have been driving it back and forth an hour at a time for a work jobsite for almost 2 weeks now and no issues. Hopefully this alternator lasts for a bit longer than the others.

AquaTone61

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE DSG
Well, i hate to say it but the issue is back to haunt me again LOL!

--1048836 Blower Output Reduction due to Energy Managment
B10CE 00 [009]

-- 8521278 Battery terminal recognition
U1411 00 [009]
[New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]
I too am still haunted by this. I got an AGM battery recently just because the Varta in my car was over 2 years old but I still have the steering issue randomly. I also have a random issue with the A/C blower speed where it will only go to 3 even if it set higher. I am really wondering if it is the rack but I can be on the highway cruising for 40 minutes not using the power assist much at all and the fan speed will lower all of a sudden. It seems to be random but will only happen after 10-15 minutes of driving. Sometimes both steering and A/C blower will act up and or it is one or the other. I can live with it but it don't really want to but I also don't want to spend a lot of money trying to figure out the problem.

AquaTone61

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE DSG
Pulled codes?
The only code I've ever seen was this - 1048836 - Blower Output Reduction due to Energy Management B10CE 00 [008] - . My issues returned a couple weeks after the alternator was replaced for the 2nd time. No steering warning light or any other warning lights ever. Car runs fine otherwise.