GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 R APR stage 2 & DSG map service intervals

chrisrobz

Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTD
hello everyone, recently purchased an already modified golf R (2015) from a very reputable dealership and id like some advice on service intervals for it as i know it might be different compared to the VW stock R intervals. The parts list is as following- APR high torque stage 2 ECU, APR DSG tune, wagner intercooler, APR valved catback exhaust with a BCS downpipe, R600 filter intake, rl oil catch can. The previous owners have done a minor service every 6-7k and dsg oil every 10k, is this necessary? The last service was a major service at 46k and i just bought it at 52k.

cheers!

chrisrobz

Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTD
thanks, yeah i can just change the oil myself in that case. Ill take the advice on the DSG service, it did seem excessive to me too, i guess they were just really paranoid in keeping it perfect.

FB-GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI -> Golf R
I think how you drive it and the environment would be what to consider if you were to deviate from the service manual.

HetfieldInc

Ready to race!
Stage 2 R.
I do oil changes every 5k miles, and I do both the DSG and Haldex service every 20k. Make sure the screen assembly is cleaned/replaced when servicing the Haldex.

HetfieldInc

Ready to race!
hello everyone, recently purchased an already modified golf R (2015) from a very reputable dealership and id like some advice on service intervals for it as i know it might be different compared to the VW stock R intervals. The parts list is as following- APR high torque stage 2 ECU, APR DSG tune, wagner intercooler, APR valved catback exhaust with a BCS downpipe, R600 filter intake, rl oil catch can. The previous owners have done a minor service every 6-7k and dsg oil every 10k, is this necessary? The last service was a major service at 46k and i just bought it at 52k.

cheers!
Try and find out when the Haldex was serviced last. If you can’t find when it was done, I would just do it next oil change for piece of mind.