GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Caught two R's, a GTI and a Thing at this morning's Cars & Coffee meet in Columbia, SC. My GTI was there too, but not pictured.

2021-06-12 005 Cars & Coffee Harbison SC - for upload.jpg

2021-06-12 006 Cars & Coffee Harbison SC - for upload.jpg

2021-06-12 007 Cars & Coffee Harbison SC - for upload.jpg

2021-06-12 009 Cars & Coffee Harbison SC - for upload.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Your state is on CBS TV today with the PGA golf tournament from the Congaree Golf course in Ridgeland, SC.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
LOVE the front ends on the 15/16s so much more than the 18/19s. And I'd take Limestone Gray over Lapiz ANY day ;).

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
The yellow Thing reminded me of a WW-II Volkswagen Kübelwagen.

1623588528825.png

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
At first look I thought that cannon was mounted. 😆

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
At first look I thought that cannon was mounted. 😆

Ha! Me too. Useful to clear away the guy in front with the cell phone who fails to notice the light has changed. :D

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Oh, wait. I did get a photo of my Cornflower at Cars & Coffee in Columbia. Next time I'll park amidst the other GTIs.

2021-06-12 Cars & Coffee Harbison SC - for upload.jpg

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I don’t have FB so rarely know what’s up with these events. Next time they have one, drop a heads up, maybe can organize a good group to ride out.
There’s a Coffee & Cars event this weekend in Jackson, SC at Carolina Dragway. Lots of street cars line up to run for fun. Usually a great turn out since it’s only held at the drag strip 2 times a year, I believe.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I don’t have FB so rarely know what’s up with these events. Next time they have one, drop a heads up, maybe can organize a good group to ride out.
There’s a Coffee & Cars event this weekend in Jackson, SC at Carolina Dragway. Lots of street cars line up to run for fun. Usually a great turn out since it’s only held at the drag strip 2 times a year, I believe.

The C&C in Columbia is held the morning of the second Saturday of each month at the AMC Theater parking lot in Harbison, SC on the perimeter of Columbiana Centre Mall. Address is 122 Afton Ct, Columbia, SC.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I was at a small Post Office outside of Columbia, SC this afternoon and saw this fine 2-Door MK-5 there. That's my '21 CFB in the background behind the MK-5. As I was taking a photo, in rolled a nice 2019 Rabbit in Cornflower Blue! Photos below. Within 30 seconds, we had an instant V-Dub meet underway. I didn't get to meet the MK-5 owner, but had a nice chat with the Rabbit driver, a big VW fan who was as shocked as I was to see another CFB. I didn't think to get a one shot with both CFBs, something as rare as a solar eclipse I'd guess. :)

2021-07-15 MK5 Columbia SC.jpg

2021-07-15 MK-7-5 Columbia SC.jpg

Last edited:

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Not the upstate, but Cars & Coffee is tomorrow (Saturday, 09/11/21) at the AMC Theater parking lot in Harbison, SC on the perimeter of Columbiana Centre Mall. Address is 122 Afton Ct, Columbia, SC.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
As seen on Saturday (09/18/2021) at VW's In The Valley at Maggie Valley, NC. Rain held off for a fine show and at 3,000 FT, the temperature was really nice.

2007 Fahrenheit Edition, No. 369 of 1200 produced:
2021-09-18 [2007] GTI Farenheit Edition - for upload.jpg

2021--09-18 Yellow GTI Maggie Valley NC - for upload.jpg

2021-09-18 Wagon Maggie Valley NC - for upload.jpg

2019 Rabbit Edition, lowered and on 19s I think the owner said:
2021-09-18 [2019] Rabbit GTI Maggie Valley NC - for upload.jpg

Another nice 2019:
2021-09-19 [2019] VW GTI - for upload.jpg

Last edited:

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Saw another Fahrenheit Edition today, this time in Columbia. I'm a fan of these and of the MK-5s in general.

2022-02-12 VW GTI MK-5 Fahrenheit Edition - for upload.jpg

Here's the Fahrenheit and my MK-7, now both older Gens.

2022-02-12 VW GTI MK-5 Fahrenheit Edition and DRK MK-7 - for upload.jpg