GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

MarkM2016GTI

I just traded in my last car for a 2016 night blue metallic GTI 6MT 4DR with the autobahn package/driver assistance package/LP/PP. I have never owned a VW and I love it. I am in Greenville and live fairly close to Cherrydale and Paris Mountain. I am looking forward to meeting some new people and learn about GTI's from the forums. My last 4 cars were all Subies. A friend told me that there are meets once a month and they all meet at a privately owned Mexican restaurant. Does anybody know what day of the week and what time they meet?.

Last edited:

bmw2vw

Ready to race!
I am from the Asheville area, and although I am not in SC, but I am closer to you guys than the boys east of me. Does anyone here have a vagcom cable? I can pay for your time to do the tweaks.

BigT

Dont worry about the LAW
Car(s)
07 GTI
I am from the Asheville area, and although I am not in SC, but I am closer to you guys than the boys east of me. Does anyone here have a vagcom cable? I can pay for your time to do the tweaks.

i have one but im in Greenville, we pop into asheville every now and then

bmw2vw

Ready to race!
I go to Greenville all the time. Would you up for meeting me if I let you know a week in advance? I just want the popular mods done on my 1.8 TSi.

mk7-Golf-R

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone with an R? Saw one going through SRS this morning. Damn those wheels look nice when the light hits them.

I just got back home from sarasota FL. I bought a 2015 launch edition lapiz blue golf R. With DCC and Nav. Only 8,500 miles. 60 of 500.

It's pretty sweet. It came with a apr stage 1, vwr springs, flow design front and side splitters, clear bra on the hood, bumper, fenders, head lights, and rockers.

I also talked him into leaving the $2,500 stereo system. It has hertz components in the doors, and 2, 10" audio mobile subs.

It's powered by two Kenwood exelon amps and a bit ten processor.

Last edited:

bmw2vw

Ready to race!
I just got back home from sarasota FL. I bought a 2015 launch edition lapiz blue golf R. With DCC and Nav. Only 8,500 miles. 60 of 500.

It's pretty sweet. It came with a apr stage 1, vwr springs, flow design front and side splitters, clear bra on the hood, bumper, fenders, head lights, and rockers.

I also talked him into leaving the $2,500 stereo system. It has hertz components in the doors, and 2, 10" audio mobile subs.

It's powered by two Kenwood exelon amps and a bit ten processor.

That's a sweet ride. Did you buy it from the owner of the car, or was it sitting on a lot?

mk7-Golf-R

Passed Driver's Ed
That's a sweet ride. Did you buy it from the owner of the car, or was it sitting on a lot?

It was a private sale. I was outsold on two that were stock from VW dealers, for the same price.

It worked out great though. Even with it being a nightmare working with two banks, Two tax offices, and the dmv. It took a week to get everything set, and then the trip down there.

I didn't have a tag to drive home on, so I had to go to the FL tax office to get a paper tag. Luckily his bank was beside the tax office though.

His banker said most banks including his wont even do out of state private sales, that have a lien involved.

It was a lot of stress and legwork, but it's like I got all the extras on the car for free. I was going to pay the same price for a stock one.

MarkM2016GTI

Is there anybody on here that owns a Night Blue Metallic GTI?. I see your car parked where I do and I believe it's the autobahn edition also like mine. This is the parking lot downtown on S.Buncombe St. right across the street from the Greenville Methodist church. I just wanted to say hello to a fellow V-dub owner!!.

bmw2vw

Ready to race!
It was a private sale. I was outsold on two that were stock from VW dealers, for the same price.

It worked out great though. Even with it being a nightmare working with two banks, Two tax offices, and the dmv. It took a week to get everything set, and then the trip down there.

I didn't have a tag to drive home on, so I had to go to the FL tax office to get a paper tag. Luckily his bank was beside the tax office though.

His banker said most banks including his wont even do out of state private sales, that have a lien involved.

It was a lot of stress and legwork, but it's like I got all the extras on the car for free. I was going to pay the same price for a stock one.

WoW! Does sound like a lot of work but in the end it worked out well. I bought a 2016 Golf TSi 5-speed not long ago but drove to Stone Mountain VW to get mine cuz Steve White nor Harmony VW of Asheville could match their price. I bought my 2012 Gti from Steve White though and they gave me a sweet deal then but couldn't come close to the $14641 price of Stone Mountain.