GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 on Lowering Springs Thread

maanchild

Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Thought I'd add my EMD auto emmotion lowering springs. 1.2" drop all around with no reverse rake. 6MT - I guess I got lucky. They sell the lifts for the rear in case you need them.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Probably the red headed bastard of all springs available currently, but I'm loving them. I wish they'd go a bit lower in the front, but this is perfect for fitting some wider rubbers (245/40/18 in this case) and not worrying about smashing speed bumps.

MSS/Swift fully adjustable springs with 034 dynamic+ front mounts.

20200418_133652.jpg20200418_194920.jpg20200418_195202.jpg

Royalion

Ready to race!

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Stock or slightly above stock height I'm assuming.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
H&R Sports (stock dampers) on my Sportwagen.

H&R before after.JPG
APR_wheels_4.jpg

CDM MK7

Ready to race!

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Eibach Pro Kit
Koni Sport
19x8.5 et45 RF05RR
235/35 FK510

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Canadian made wheels FTW!

It's an aerofabb spoiler extension. One of their first prototype models actually. Their current production models look better and have a more subtle logo.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Canadian made wheels FTW!

It's an aerofabb spoiler extension. One of their first prototype models actually. Their current production models look better and have a more subtle logo.

Awesome, thank you. I've been looking for a classy looking duckbill type spoiler for a while - everything I've seen has been too gaudy for my taste. This looks perfect. Now to source one in Canada.

Can't go wrong with a Superspeed flow form rim. For the money, the weight/style/sizes/etc. is hard to pass up.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Amtuning has some I believe. They're in Toronto.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I am on APR springs and B8s. They are advertised as a .75” drop. They actually drop the car about 1.125”, at least in the front. Back maybe 1” as I have a little forward rake. Tires are 235/40/18. I would rub with 245 unless I had more front camber.
A905C75D-E6F1-46EE-8DDF-BDA2048F59C7.jpeg

FB0E11FE-01A0-449D-93E2-6A6A9602E912.jpeg

goe-mk7

Hey, thought I’d start here before starting a new thread, as the questions relate to the alignment after installing new springs. Long story short, I just had some APR springs installed with new wheels/tires after hitting a massive pothole. Had to use local shop instead of VW-focused shop in LA or OC. They said they couldn’t get alignment just right and thought I’d need a camber kit—it was the end of the day and they didn’t explain much beyond that. My questions: (1) what should the alignment be with the new springs and (2) would the Eurosport Street Camber Kit work? FYI, it’s a daily, no track days as of yet, and the wheel a little off is the one that hit the pothole (maybe the reason?). I included the printout of the specs. Thanks!

Attachments

• 158B23F8-D30A-4926-95EF-52DB020E48BC.jpeg
    158B23F8-D30A-4926-95EF-52DB020E48BC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 318
  • A66A5DF8-D37F-4DD1-BEF7-02EEF48FEC5F.jpeg
    A66A5DF8-D37F-4DD1-BEF7-02EEF48FEC5F.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 630

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Sounds like they're incompetent. If you were slammed on coilovers, I could see them having issues adjusting, but you're 'only' on springs.

The damaged wheel could be the reason for the bad camber. Did you have it replaced/fixed or just slapped a new tire on it?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Hey, thought I’d start here before starting a new thread, as the questions relate to the alignment after installing new springs. Long story short, I just had some APR springs installed with new wheels/tires after hitting a massive pothole. Had to use local shop instead of VW-focused shop in LA or OC. They said they couldn’t get alignment just right and thought I’d need a camber kit—it was the end of the day and they didn’t explain much beyond that. My questions: (1) what should the alignment be with the new springs and (2) would the Eurosport Street Camber Kit work? FYI, it’s a daily, no track days as of yet, and the wheel a little off is the one that hit the pothole (maybe the reason?). I included the printout of the specs. Thanks!
What size wheels/tires are you running. I am on APR springs as well.