GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Media-in cable

burso

Ready to race!
Is there a default media cable that comes with the new car or will I have to buy one from the dealer? I have read other threads and got the understanding that the Iphone media cable comes as standard (I might be wrong) and for some lucky members the dealer swapped the Iphone one for a Mini USB. Can anyone shed some light please? McMaddy , VWman?!
I am talking about part No's Part number 000 051 446 C (Apple) and Part number 000 051 446 A (Mini USB)
cheers

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I heard the same that the dealer will swap for a none iphone one, I may end up getting one of each as I have an ipod touch doing nowt much although I will get an SD card too.

JohnV1

Ready to race!
My current Mk 7 dealer only offered the iPod cable, no second cable and no swaps to USB.

Fortunately I'd kept the USB cable from Mk 6 as the previous dealer offered both for free. So dealers are not consistent.

I just use a 32Gb SD-card in the second slot for music, radio icons, etc. Also you can Bluetooth to any compatible device, I played some tracks off of my Nokia mobile (Widows Mobile 8) and it works remarkably smoothly.

burso

Ready to race!
When communicating with the dealer he suggested I can use Bluetooth, which to my understanding he wasn't willing to provide me with a free cable. Perhaps you're right and it depends on the dealer.

ept

Ready to race!
When I picked up mine there was an iPhone/iPod 32 pin cable was never given the option. As was said in the previous post Bluetooth and SD cards work just fine.

burso

Ready to race!
I have an SD card ready for music storing, I just don't see a point in getting/having an Iphone cable when I don't own an Iphone (and never will). I have also read a thread where bluetooth connectivity issues with Android phones were mentioned so I am not impressed with this option.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I have an SD card ready for music storing, I just don't see a point in getting/having an Iphone cable when I don't own an Iphone (and never will). I have also read a thread where bluetooth connectivity issues with Android phones were mentioned so I am not impressed with this option.

If it were BT itself, then the phone connection may suffer too, I wonder though if it's because the BT can support various profiles but only one at a time (iyswim) or that earlier version of BT profiles are not supported on some handsets. I have music on my phone, but won't be using it in the car, hence the SD card purchase. Out of interest did you get a class 10 or 4 ?

Dagobah

Ready to race!
I think the new Golfs come with the blue collared Apple 32 pin connector as standard, but I got them to swap the blue one for the uprated red collar lead which supports the new ipods and iphones.

Essjay

Ready to race!
Can someone give me some guidance please. I've always had the blue collared adaptor since new, and it was already plugged in. I want to get my dealer to swap it for the red one, but I'm not sure how to remove the old one! It seems pretty tight and I don't want to break it. Is there a latch that needs pressing, or do I just give it a firm tug (ooh!err! Misses).:rolleyes:

Dagobah

Ready to race!
There is no latch on my red cable, its just a very tight fit especially because the cable gets squashed at the top of the compartment, would have been better having the socket horizontal not vertical.

ept

Ready to race!
Can someone give me some guidance please. I've always had the blue collared adaptor since new, and it was already plugged in. I want to get my dealer to swap it for the red one, but I'm not sure how to remove the old one! It seems pretty tight and I don't want to break it. Is there a latch that needs pressing, or do I just give it a firm tug (ooh!err! Misses).:rolleyes:
There,s a button at the front of the adaptor it's raised that you push in as you pull it out of the connection socket it releases two hooks that hold it in place so don,t just tug it out, if that makes sense.

leachmj

Passed Driver's Ed
The cables in my car have a latch on the left. I have to use both hands to get out. I push 2 fingers on each side of the cable and squeeze together and pull at the same time and then it comes out.

Not very well designed but it does work.

I hope this helps.;)

Essjay

Ready to race!
Thanks guys, I'll have another go at removing it.