GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI Vs MK6 GTI apr tuned with downpipe

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok guys so last night took my brothers GTI and went to meet with a friend who's got an MK6 GTI with downpipe and APR tune! So I go there expecting the MK6 will eat me obviously since it's got a tune and downpipe! But guys the outcome was so not what I expected the MK7 is a whole new different level we did races from zero and I ate him alive after 3rd gear the mk7 just keeps on pulling hard! We did a rolling from 30 still eat him from th second I press the gas! Then we did rolling 60 since we have longer gear ratio the MK7 was just abit under the power band so he'd jump a one car distance, then the mk7 just starts to pull him and I pass him easily! I'm sorry I didn't take any videos since we were alone! But all I can say Is that I'm in shock and didnt expect what I was seeing last night even the owner of the mk6 didn't either! very happy with the out come of the race too speed is just absolutely great, somethin gtis had a hard time after 220kmh but in this one is just a whole different animal! We are absolutely loving every bit of it! Those 220hp felt more like 270hp next to the tuned MK6! Like one of the races I went completely off with the traction and I span my tires abit more than the mk6 so he was ahead by 2 cars but at the end of 3rd then shifted 4th I catch him and just pass him and keep going! I love it I love it I love it this new gti is a beast diff a killer better than the mk6 when we compared with mk5 when they first came out this one is just a whole different car!

Thanks guys!!

gtiw7

Ready to race!
That's weird! I raced a mk6 with APR Tuboback, and he gave me a good 1.5-2 highway lights and kept pulling on me!!
at first I presumed it is stage 2 but now after reading your thread I think it might be a K04...at least :p

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
What color was this mk6 you're talking about!? I really ate that car like nothing! You want us to do a run comparing both cars ours and yours!!?

That's weird! I raced a mk6 with APR Tuboback, and he gave me a good 1.5-2 highway lights and kept pulling on me!!
at first I presumed it is stage 2 but now after reading your thread I think it might be a K04...at least :p

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Plus he doesn't know what he's doin in terms of shifting nd power and nd all he just knows how to push on that gas pedals lol typical new driver lol

hahhaahah now it make sense LOL it was a week ago just one day before 8r8a3on :p I pulled 1.5 cars length on him rolling from around 40 in Hidd...a traffic light camera flashed him immediately after the race going to Amwaj! xD

a day later I met him on the highway nd the driving-craziness started again LOL

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol ok I got it now cuz we got the traffic police ticket at amwaj couple of days ago! Yeah he doesn't know what he's doing! No we gotta run both of properly he does seriously doesn't know anything just to hit the gas lol!!!

Let me know when ud like to meet!

hahhaahah now it make sense LOL it was a week ago just one day before 8r8a3on :p I pulled 1.5 cars length on him rolling from around 40 in Hidd...a traffic light camera flashed him immediately after the race going to Amwaj! xD

a day later I met him on the highway nd the driving-craziness started again LOL

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm just curious what driving is required when driving a DSG, other than sport traction and gunning the gas pedal at the right gear. Or do you shift at certain rpm

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
For me basically I don't really enter anywhere near the red zone in the Rpms, plus when I let it go all the way till redline the turbo dies and trust me on this guys! Even on S mode that's no good goes all the way till redline! I shift usually around 6200 max and I feel the car pulling harder! Plus my brother just guns the pedal he's still a new driver and only 18 and doesn't know what he's doing I usually stay in the right power band and right gear and just go for it! Even my 911 turbo and all these turbos the earlier u shift the better!

I'm just curious what driving is required when driving a DSG, other than sport traction and gunning the gas pedal at the right gear. Or do you shift at certain rpm

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah 2500 for me, like one of the races when I was racing the mk6 from a rolling 40km/h I kept the car in second gear and trust me pulled way harder than when I was on 1st then shift to second! It's ok maybe he'll jump abit and better on power band but man when he shifts to 2nd then ill be going into 3rd and that's where all the magic starts happening! And this MK7 I'm absolutely loving it those 220bhp feel like my MK5s 270hp I'm nt kidding! The weight drop on the mk7 and the longer gear rations wil for sure turn this car into the next level when modding! Absolutely easy kill for me against the tuned mk6 with downpipe and that car is knows to be fast among other mk6s! So very happy with the outcome guys! I just can't wait for the after market goodies on this one! And will leave the stock turbo in for a while and just add bolt ons! This car on 300whp will be amazing!!

Isn't the best accelerating rev mark at around 2.5k-3.5k?

gtiw7

Ready to race!

my thoughts exactly! starting at the wrong gear is the worst scenario with DSG :confused:

Lol ok I got it now cuz we got the traffic police ticket at amwaj couple of days ago! Yeah he doesn't know what he's doing! No we gotta run both of properly he does seriously doesn't know anything just to hit the gas lol!!!

Let me know when ud like to meet!

anytime mate whatsapp me on 39535378... tuesday is fine for me ;):p

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
For me basically I don't really enter anywhere near the red zone in the Rpms, plus when I let it go all the way till redline the turbo dies and trust me on this guys! Even on S mode that's no good goes all the way till redline! I shift usually around 6200 max and I feel the car pulling harder! Plus my brother just guns the pedal he's still a new driver and only 18 and doesn't know what he's doing I usually stay in the right power band and right gear and just go for it! Even my 911 turbo and all these turbos the earlier u shift the better!

Thanks, I'm gonna have to try this on the mk7.. to be honest i tried shifting at 6 or 6.2 in my previous gti (mk5) but it didn't work for me.

I'll need a car to test this against :D