GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 gti throttle body not opening fully on full throttle

Zexq8

Car(s)
Is38 mk7 gti
Hi
I have a question on my mk7 gti I've been experiencing lack of power lately when i finished the last revision on my tune from etuners and i data looged the car with an expert in hptuners and we have seen that the throttle body closes when rpms increase i tried to search for somebody that has the same problem and i didn't find anyone with the same issue there is one guy i know that has the same problem but didn't figure it out and we didn't have ever seen a fault code from the throttle body if there is anyone with the same issue can help I'll be going to the tuner and we shall know more but I'm waiting now for something before going to him so i was wondering if someone has the same issue
Car: '17 is38 gti

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Welcome to the forum. How do you know the throttle body is closing?

Zexq8

Car(s)
Is38 mk7 gti
Welcome to the forum. How do you know the throttle body is closing?
I took a data log and it showed that the throttle body is closing from i think is called a throttle body position sensor or something like that i forgot the exact name and it showed as the rpm's increase to redline the throttle body was opening 66.4%

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I took a data log and it showed that the throttle body is closing from i think is called a throttle body position sensor or something like that i forgot the exact name and it showed as the rpm's increase to redline the throttle body was opening 66.4%
It has to be in the tune unless there's a mechanical problem which is doubtful.

Zexq8

Car(s)
Is38 mk7 gti
It has to be in the tune unless there's a mechanical problem which is doubtful.
That is what i think too, because I've never seen any fault codes from the TB and who has the same problem with me has the same tuning company so I'll be going to them when my plugs arrive, because i drove my friends is38 gti apr and his turbo spool is like ssssssssssss from beginning to redline but my car flutters just like the sound of an external wastegate

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That is what i think too, because I've never seen any fault codes from the TB and who has the same problem with me has the same tuning company so I'll be going to them when my plugs arrive, because i drove my friends is38 gti apr and his turbo spool is like ssssssssssss from beginning to redline but my car flutters just like the sound of an external wastegate
Use his tuner.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
No it's not like that etuners is really a great tuning company it's a custom tune not ots but it's has been rare to have this problem
Go back to stock tune and see if the issue is still present with logging. If it is replace the throttle body, if it is not replace the tuner.