GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 gti stg 2 power gains

Domcassar

Car(s)
2014 MK7 GTI
What sort of gains is everyone getting with stage 2 for a MK7 GTI, with stock power runs? I got a 43kw (around 58hp) and 117nm (86ft lbs) gain. not sure if those numbers are very low or not for stage 2. My tune is a custom tune not an ots tune, so not sure if my tuner hasn’t tuned it to full potential or not. Mods are IE intake and inlet elbow and xforce downpipe with high flow cat. I’m looking for the power gain from stock, sort of pointless comparing dynos when you don’t have a base power run

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What sort of gains is everyone getting with stage 2 for a MK7 GTI, with stock power runs? I got a 43kw (around 58hp) and 117nm (86ft lbs) gain. not sure if those numbers are very low or not for stage 2. My tune is a custom tune not an ots tune, so not sure if my tuner hasn’t tuned it to full potential or not. Mods are IE intake and inlet elbow and xforce downpipe with high flow cat. I’m looking for the power gain from stock, sort of pointless comparing dynos when you don’t have a base power run
From a stock GTI that's not very good. Stage 2 should give you more like 80 -110 more HP from stock.

Domcassar

Car(s)
2014 MK7 GTI
Give us more details on your setup and post logs
4601E6E7-E776-41FB-8485-3D1C8EF3666A.jpeg

so setup is as follows:
It is an early 2014 model if that helps at all…

Integrated engineering CAI
Integrated engineering turbo inlet elbow
Xforce downpipe with 100 cel high flow cat
Stock Catback

Apart from cosmetics, everything else is stock.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
183kw is like 245whp...that isn't even stage 1 power....

Whats odd is the car is only putting down 180whp stock? Is this a super low reading dyno or...

My etuned GTI is making 100whp over stock...you should see at least 80.

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
The benefit I found at the track is that stage 2 gives a lot more torque at lower RPM so your torque band is widened quite a bit.
Bern

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
183kw is like 245whp...that isn't even stage 1 power....

Whats odd is the car is only putting down 180whp stock? Is this a super low reading dyno or...

My etuned GTI is making 100whp over stock...you should see at least 80.
Mine only showed 185 HP stock on a Dyno Dynamics dyno.